IUPA video - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IUPA video

This people is called desperation, the PBA payed a bunch of high priced consultants with your dues and the best they could up with was a four minute video about IUPA delegates going to conference and spending some DONATED(not members) money on their people then having the consultants and Board members make stupid comments after it. WOW YOU GUYS WERE WORTH EVERY PENNY, HEY BRICKMAN I HOPE THEIR FEE WAS REFUNDABLE!!!!!. Vote IUPA!!!!!!!!!

Re: IUPA video

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider
    http://www.bcpba.org/index.html

Watch the 4 minute video clip about IUPA and their misuse of funds at the bottom of the PBA homepage.

Anyone who is interested can walk into the PBA office and view the books, so please bring specific dates and numbers before you say that the PBA has misused money as well. I'm not saying they haven't. I'm just saying if they have let's have an intelligent discussion based on facts about it.
    It just proves how well we will be taken care of. The PBA would have told us to bring a tent and bagged lunch. IUPA all the way!!
    This is true, all IUPA members will be able to attend their training seminars. NO TENT REQUIRED! vote IUPA
    GOOD TRY LANCE AND DAN. BAGGED LUNCH? I HAVE TO LAUGH AT THAT. YOU WOULD BE THE ONLY GUYS THAT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. EVERYONE ELSE WOULD BE IN A TENT WITH LUNCHABLES AND A CAPRI SUN.

WHY DOESN’T THE PBA ISSUE A YEARLY STATEMENT OF DETAILS CONCERNING HOW MUCH IS TAKEN IN AND WHAT IT’S SPENT ON?

AS FOR IUPA HOW COME NO ONE WILL TELL ME HOW MUCH OF OUR DUES WILL GO TO THE NATIONAL LEVEL?

pba

I have been here a long time and experienced the FOP leadership, the PBA leadership and now on the brink of going to the IUPA. For what it's worth they are all the same to me. PBA is being dumped here, FOP being dumped there, IUPA (you get the picture). The fact is these organizations are about the money they collect and what little they have to spend to ensure their financial viability. They need new buildings (why does the PBA need a new bldg), attend lavish conferences, or just go play (how much does the PBA pay for all of their Exec board members to attend the police olympics to party). Men and women have made a generous living being board members of the organization, while lavishly living off our earnings (dues). In the FOP we knew who they were and in the PBA we know who they are (they mostly looked out for themselves and their precious position-off the road). The fact is (and anyone from the IUPA can argue) the IUPA will do the same, only the people that will be partying on our dime look like mobsters (if you saw the video on the IUPA conference-also the comments from the bosses were less than impressive when asked about how donated money was being spent and used-sounds like a real scam). It is not my intention to sway anyone, just my opinion, but I am definitely supporting the PBA. Granted there have been many instances where I have been very dissapointed with the PBA efforts, but they have also done a lot of good. Our pay and benefits are pretty comparable to all other dept's (definitely looking for a good contract), our working conditions can be imporved and I feel they will, and most importantly the leadership momentum is changing in the PBA. I must admit that since the PBA has been representing BSO, I truely did not understand how the upper echelon in the PBA worked, but since this debate I think all of us realized what it,s going to take to change the makeup of the PBA. That change is occurring with the likes of Bob Lahiff and others getting involved. Bob has become a leader in the organization already and is calling for change. Now it will not happen over night, but I like the forecast as the districts are electing more new reps that want to be involved. This is what we need, people like Bob who will lead that organization. I know the representatives, trying to convince you the IUPA is the way, are good people that believe this is the proper choice. The problem is I do not know them well as I have only heard a few names (good people), but sometimes I get the feeling that they have already been promised cushy positions. There is just too much unknown with the IUPA. What I do know is that we are going to hand over 1 milliion a year to who??????????. I would rather keep our money in Broward not in a organization that spans the country. Maybe they will start a Broward Chapter, but at least I know the PBA will remain here. In my opinion the PBA needs major change, I see it happening, but I believe the new PBA rep's must demand immediate resignation from Brickman and Hanrahan. This will be an immediate indication that the PBA is taking BSO seriously. Sometimes the man is not bigger than the organization, so these two should step forward and resign for the good of the organization. I do agree with some that Brickman is a valuable commodity in some arena's especially in Tallahassee. If he is that valuable and cares, I am sure that he will remain a MEMBER (not board member) of the PBA and help whenever needed. Now back to the PBA, with the new membership and leadership being elected it will not take long for BSO to take over the reins of the PBA. As the largest contributor to the PBA, we should have the majority leadership. With new leadership we can hire and fire attorney's, implement rules that everyone will respect and create a democracy not a dictatorship. I say stick with the PBA and our newly elected members, they will demand change that will benefit us all. I for one claim stupidity for not demanding change earlier, but we are now in the midst of great change at the PBA. To me the PBA is much more involved in state politics (which benefit us) and they appear to have many more members as well as reserves. For what it's worth I commend everyone involved in the PBA/IUPA debate as it is bringing a change to BSO. From someone who is not important.

I see once again, the consultants are easy to pick out. Hey, Brickman,
    did you get a coupon in the mail when you hired these people?

Yes, I saw the video. I look forward to attending IUPA's conferences at
    the Ritz, or wherever. I plan on taking a taxi to the hotel, the unfortunate part about the cab ride, is that I will have to make conversation with rookie cab driver, **** Brickman.

Brickman can't be a cab driver. He would run his cab like he runs the PBA. He would hang up on all his customers calling for a ride. He would
    slam his cab door in the face of his customers. He would take the long route to stuff his meter, and then, hire a consultant to tell him what he did
    wrong.

At least Brickman will have the cleanest cab in town with Hanrahan behind the sponge!

Re: IUPA video

Quote Originally Posted by Insider
    http://www.bcpba.org/index.html

Watch the 4 minute video clip about IUPA and their misuse of funds at the bottom of the PBA homepage.

Anyone who is interested can walk into the PBA office and view the books, so please bring specific dates and numbers before you say that the PBA has misused money as well. I'm not saying they haven't. I'm just saying if they have let's have an intelligent discussion based on facts about it.
    It just proves how well we will be taken care of. The PBA would have told us to bring a tent and bagged lunch. IUPA all the way!!
    This is true, all IUPA members will be able to attend their training seminars. NO TENT REQUIRED! vote IUPA
    GOOD TRY LANCE AND DAN. BAGGED LUNCH? I HAVE TO LAUGH AT THAT. YOU WOULD BE THE ONLY GUYS THAT WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. EVERYONE ELSE WOULD BE IN A TENT WITH LUNCHABLES AND A CAPRI SUN.
    You must be a real idiot if you think the only people saying positive things on here are this Lance or Dan guy. I personally don't know these guys or whom you are even talking about but, okay...., you can call me Lance or Dan or whatever else you want but when it comes time to vote, rest assured you can call me an IUPA supporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12