Street Corners of South St Pete - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

...suspects appeared to be b/m's, approx 16-20 yoa wearing white wife beater t-shirt and black shorts.....LMFAO!!!!!!! :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest too
    What an idiotic post, guest. Did he/she call the police or offer a statement??????? Who in the hell is gonna take their precious time, wait 5 hours for a cruiser to respond and give a "statement" telling what we all already know is going on and hamstrung to do anything about it? Officer finally arrives, draws notebook, writes down witness observed drug dealing and possible firearm possession open air street corner, southside. Well, Duuuuuhhhhhhh. Leo in unmarked can see it all the time and can't get a unit to respond because there ARE NONE!!!!!! Thats why the animals are running wild in the "zoo." Puleeese know what the hell you're talking about before offering such a lame response.
    I know exactly what I'm talking about. While you are correct with your interpretation that, in this particular circumstance, police would have been able to do very little, you are missing the bigger picture.

In order for change to occur, those responsible for making the change must be convinced that change is needed in the first place. Police staffing and operational decisions are based on an analysis of CALLS FOR SERVICE. If people don't call the police, what statistics are generated for the required analysis? Nothing! Which means that the lack of calls to the police shows a lack of concern among the people in the area. If the people in the area are not concerned, why should decision-makers make any changes?

Take the blinders off and widen your view a bit.

The black community leaders (UHURUS and drug dealers) have made it very clear that they do NOT want a police presence of any kind in their hood. They have told city leaders (if you can call them that) that they will riot again if the Po-lee keep oppressing the fine upstanding citizens of Uhuruburg. The police have even told the Starman several times to stay out of there. The Uhurus have promised more rioting if the law is enforced once again. About all the police can do is to keep most of that activity confined to an area where no civilized human being would consider living, much less visiting. The city is afraid of a repeat of '96 and will do anything to avoid that including throwing the few remaining law-abiding citizens south of Central under the bus. Until the actual citizens publically rebuke the Uhurus and politicians and demand a stron approach to law enforcement, the downward spiral will continue, but I could care less, I don't and wouldn't go to St Pete.

but I could care less, I don't and wouldn't go to St Pete.
    Then why are you wasting your time on here? North County that boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread
    The black community leaders (UHURUS and drug dealers) have made it very clear that they do NOT want a police presence of any kind in their hood. They have told city leaders (if you can call them that) that they will riot again if the Po-lee keep oppressing the fine upstanding citizens of Uhuruburg. The police have even told the Starman several times to stay out of there. The Uhurus have promised more rioting if the law is enforced once again. About all the police can do is to keep most of that activity confined to an area where no civilized human being would consider living, much less visiting. The city is afraid of a repeat of '96 and will do anything to avoid that including throwing the few remaining law-abiding citizens south of Central under the bus. Until the actual citizens publically rebuke the Uhurus and politicians and demand a stron approach to law enforcement, the downward spiral will continue, but I could care less, I don't and wouldn't go to St Pete.
    I just don't get it. It is not like they burned any where nice. I would have a hard time if some of them came north and tried to burn my home down. The hard time would be picking what to use to defend my home. Hum ! The Ar, the M1 90, or how about some 7.62.

Hell, my place would end up buring down as I stood in front of the gun safe trying to decide.

DRUG SALE! GRAND OPENING!

20th ave & 45st So!All day, every day! 2 for one sale!

We Southside residents support our police department!

The black community leaders (UHURUS and drug dealers) have made it very clear that they do NOT want a police presence of any kind in their hood.
    If you spend a little time in our part of town you will find that not many consider the Uhurus leaders of anything.

The media present them as spokesman for the 25,000 who live here. This is because lazy reporters read their press releases instead of doing investigative reporting and residents remain quiet when the Uhurus are in the paper. Many have been intimidated. Or they underestimate the harm being done.

The Uhurus do have a small following but considering the media attention, support from city hall and taxpayer funds given to them they have had very little success in leading this community.

Read the Bartlett Park blog of attend community events and you will see that support for our police officers is actually widespread.

http://bartlettpark.blogspot.com/200...-corrodes.html

DUMBER THEN DUMB

Quote Originally Posted by d1 guy
    this is the kind of crap we have to deal with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvqP9wTv_20
    HAAAAAAAAAA...........................This song video just shows how DUMB these rappers are. Then you have all the morons listening and saying "UH HUH.....Thats right, thats right.....it be Bush who did it"! Our poor soldiers are fighting and dying for this country, and pure scum ghetto trash like this, disgrace their efforts. They sing about growing up in the "projects", and hate the police and white America lyrics, but wouldn't last one day in most areas of their birth land, nor would they last one day on the front lines of Iraq, where the true hero's dwell. IGNORANCE is just a way of life in the Rap industry.

Ditto. Rappers are the scum of the earth and just promote and incite the social problems of a certain race.

To the poster who claims to see open drug deals on 9th Ave N everyday - tell us where. We have an active neighborhood association who would love to take some lawn chairs and set up camp at that location.

My guess is it's at the corner of 9th and 9th (which is our neigborhoods edge) we've pushed them almost out of our community and now they operate on the fringe.

As for citizens who don;t want to call the cops - if you have the time to post your idiot opinion on this website, you clearly have time to make a phone call. But hey . . .thanks for being part of the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast