New to PCSO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to PCSO

New to PCSO

A buddy of mine told me about this site, so I figured I'd swing by and say hey. I'm new to the area (from AZ) and gonna be joining the PCSO on June 15th. I've heard a lot of great things about this agency and all of the administrators I've met so far have been really nice. It'll be nice to work for a department that has more than 12 officers, like my old one did.

Since I have a couple weeks before I start, I was hoping to meet some of the people I'll be working with soon. Are there any good hang out spots for PCSO officers? My neighbor told me about a "cop bar" in downtown St. Pete, but it turns out a lot of SPPD guys hang out there. Nothin against 'em, but I'd just rather hang out with people I'll be working with. (I heard they're our "rival" dept. anyway)

Well, that's enough rambling on. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys and gals before I have to start work.

JUNE 21ST ?

Must be Corrections. Patrol hire date was earlier this week and next group is mid August.

Rivals? Most of the cops in St. Pete KNOW that PCSO is a better place to be. I wouldn't say they're rivals... most SPPD officers end up at PCSO eventually! I think PCSO pities SPPD more than anything....just a guess though...

Re: JUNE 21ST ?

Quote Originally Posted by OLEW
    Must be Corrections. Patrol hire date was earlier this week and next group is mid August.
    Not to sound rude or anything but, why does that matter? Is there some kind feud between Corrections and Patrol Officers that I should know about?
    All I was doing was stopping by to introduce myself and maybe see where I might be able to grab a drink or something with some of my future co workers.

And since it matters so much... Yes, I am going to be working in corrections, but hopefully for only a short amount of time, then I'd like to start patroling again.

(ps- I said June 15th, not the 21st)

The "cop bar" in St. Pete is called Fergs. Stay as far away from St. Pete as possible. And yes there is and has been an ongoing feud between the road deputies and jailers. All about ego's. Oh, and plan to be a jailer for at least five years before you even get considered road worthy. Hope that answers your questions.

you see

NewDep..... I guess from the responses you get to see what kind of agency you went to work for huh......... Go acroos the bay and work for professionals. Everything over here is silly and the only real crime to have fun with is in St Pete anyway.

what was wrong w/ to newdeps post??? all true.

go to hell newby

prime example...your post. EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Tuff guy.

Its funny when you get some road dep talking smack just cause you work for the PCJ or they see you payroll number and automatically think your a "WANNA BE" or a "ROOKIE" get over yourselves please. Some of us worked years in the LEO profession/Military before we came here. There is life outside of Pinellas....some of us just have never left our home towns I see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast