city vehicles - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: city vehicles

Old Times Not Forgotten

Having been here for 26 years of fun shits and giggles ,,I can tell you that the OLD TIMERS were bigger slugs than the ones we have today, not all of them but a large percentage of them. Furthermore the officers that we have today work alot harder than many of those old slugs that love to brag about how great they were. Today, we have alot more accountability than we ever had in the Good Old Days and therefore more of a workload. Back then there was the good ole boy network of accountability. If you were in you were ok, if not then hell descended upon you. Do we have slugs here today,,,Yes,,did we have slugs back then yes,,,,,so lets cut the garbage and get real,,,,Im still remembering the names of the roaches that inhabited my old Volare and all of the Curly perm Juice on the headrest. I am also looking at getting my new 2008 Crown vic and having the city pay.

I hope that when im gone, that my brothers and sisters that carry on, will get even better benefits.

rafter man we need more vets like you, god bless you and i think some cars still have the curly perm juice. as new breed i would work with you anyday of the week

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI ORTIZ
    Gosh, I'm proud to be the new breed. I look forward to my 2008 Ford in August. lol.

P.S. I'd like to thank all the old fogies that sacrificed to give us all the great benefits we have today. Thank you.
    Will you put a rainbow sticker on your new car too?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    some people need to retire and let the new breed do there JOB anyways all most of them do all day are watch orders. And about the cars its bs that they keep cars for seven years, and most people are proud that there cars have over 100,000 miles, did we forget David Herring.
    Davie Ofc's get new cars just under every three years.

Yes, thats true. They are also in a financial crunch...Not the best place to be right now. We are pretty lucky. They can have their cars. I rather keep my job.

Read below. This was just printed yesterday in the Sun Sentinel:

Davie searches for best way to trim budget

By Susannah Bryan
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    Posted June 24 2007

DAVIE A complaint that's common among private companies has come to Town Hall: Too many bosses, not enough folks on the front line.

In the face of state-imposed cutbacks, Vice Mayor Bryan Caletka is urging the police and fire chiefs to trim from administrative positions instead of the rank and file.

LocalLinks

I think you have too many managers and not enough firefighters on the street, Caletka told Fire Chief Don DiPetrillo during a budget workshop on Monday. It's the firefighters on the scene who are providing a public service.

DiPetrillo argued that even the top administrators, including him, respond to fires.

Earlier, Caletka gave similar advice to Police Chief John George, who proposed cutting four vacant police positions, one command officer who is retiring, and three vacant civilian positions.

I'd rather have more officers on the street and less managers, Caletka told the police chief, who oversees 169 sworn officers.

The tense exchanges showed just how painful this year's budget season will be for Davie and other local governments throughout the state. Legislators have ordered cities and counties to roll taxes back to 2006 levels and then cut up to 9 percent, based on how much each municipality raised taxes in the past five years.

Davie is among 11 municipalities in Broward County facing a 9 percent budget cut. The other cities are Coconut Creek, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, Lauderhill, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Pembroke Park, Tamarac and Wilton Manors.

More cuts may be required if voters go to the polls Jan. 29 and approve a constitutional amendment to increase the state's homestead exemption.

During the recent Davie workshop, town leaders discussed ways to make cuts in a proposed $100 million budget that must be approved before Oct. 1, the beginning of the next fiscal year.

Several town departments, including police and fire, called for eliminating unfilled positions to prevent layoffs.

To help cut costs, Davie may ask the Broward County School District to pay for the town's school resource officers and school crossing guards.

Town leaders also talked about eliminating one of Davie's two lobbyists, doing away with all take-home cars and outsourcing the town's information technology department.

Another budget workshop is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. July 19 in Town Hall, 6591 Orange Drive.

Susannah Bryan can be reached at sbryan@sun-sentinel.com or 954-385-7929.

Oh, and for those that don't want to read the entire article. Their government is ready to get rid of the take home car program all together. I'll keep my 2000! Free gas!

davie

Sounds familiar... Too many chiefs &amp not enough Indians! Oh, &amp too many coffee cup guys wandering around aimlessly in the station..

whos ortiz?

a loser

well my 2001 is running fine.....but the fact that it took soo much work from when i got till now is been a long hard road

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast