FTO

Thread: FTO

FTO

How does the FTO process work for certified officers, with experience, starting in your agency? Is there an orientation period prior to FTO?

no accelerated program here, you'll be treated like a rookie, and your FTO will have less than 5 years exp., if you are lucky.

Sorry, that was another response from one of our "disgruntled"officers who would rather ***** then leave. We currently do not have an accelerated program, although I hear the training Sgt is about to or has put one in the works .

Well, that was not posted by a "disgruntled employee", it was posted by someone that has been through the USF FTO program, but left. I realized there wasn't a finacial future for me at USF, and I was just answering the original poster's question. You have to go where the PBA is strong, and it's not at a University.

It's true, you will be trained by a an FTO that has little OJT, and you will be treated like a rookie. The posters about "disgrunteld" employees were in the same bag, and were ready to leave too, until they got the big pay raises through promotions. Koodos to the new Chief for trying to get the pay raises for the University Police, but they are far fetched and it probably won't happen.

Well since you are no longer here, why dont you just move on and enjoy your new career elsewhere. We really do not need your 2 cents worth.

Thanks and take care !!

His "two cents worth" are pretty accurate.

Employment

I applied for a job and never heard anything. I have 20 years on the job. I guess that is not good enough.

Re: Employment

Quote Originally Posted by cclark7569
    I applied for a job and never heard anything. I have 20 years on the job. I guess that is not good enough.
    Being a Cop for 20 years like you say, you should know better than anyone how things work. If you recently had your interview, wait a while then call and inquire.

Re: Employment

Quote Originally Posted by cclark7569
    The department goes through hiring phases when it comes to age and experience. Sometimes they hire young inexperienced, and sometimes they look for older more experienced. There's no way to predict it. You will just have to wait and see what happens.