Bob White Bashing - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I've been here over 10 years and have NEVER seen it this bad. Shortly before we exercised our right to collectively bargain, we were given the veiled threat that there was a waiting list of 125 people who were qualified. Well folks, as one who has trained (tried to train) some of them, I can tell you there was no list. A few of our newer deputies applied for the job well after the statement was made to us about the waiting list and the deputy was hired within 30 days of applying. Since these guys and gals were not honor grads of their academy classes, it would be accurate to surmise they should have been placed at the back of the waiting list, but as I said, one didn't exist. Many of these "apply and get hired within 30 days" recruits failed out of the FTO program because they were not cutting it. Some of them have no survival instinct and poor officer safety. Many more cannot even write a report and do not know how to spell at a sixth grade level.

We have more people leaving than we have being hired. This is the first visible indicator of how Pasco County Sheriff's failures start. I say "visible" because the causes are not noticeable by any members of the public and they have occurred long, long ago. It is also too late for him to turn it around. The last one waited this close to the campaign year and look what happened. Unfortunately, this guy will likely be more vindictive when he looses than the previous two combined. I can already see it and have noticed he cannot look you in the eye when he speaks to you about topics like job security and work environment.

Everyone needs to take good notes as to who is working against the majority of the deputies to further themselves with BW and do not forget those names. They are part of the cancer the next Sheriff will need to surgically remove from the agency so the rehab can begin. I believe BW and his crew have 587 days left.

Finally..........someone said how it really is and has been for several years ! Well done ! Whoever the new potential candidate(s) for Sheriff are should consider announcing soon in order to see where the actual cancer is located (although it really won't be difficult to see!). Some names that survived the first BW election come readily to mind along with the current staff.

mfd13,

Get any answers yet?

Re: Bob White Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by mfd13
    I have know Bob White since his first election. Although I am not a police officer and do not understand some of the frustrations I see on this blog, I believe that Sheriff White is the most honest and dedicated sheriff we in Pasco County will ever see. I have supported him in the past and will continue to in the future.

Thank You, Brian Corley!!!!! :mrgreen:

Is that why you stayed with the Sheriff's Office?

Those of you who think I am "undercover" are totally wrong. I have been entirely truthful in that I am not employed by the sheriff's department or any government agency. I own my won business. I have friends in the department and if they are smart as they appear to be, they will able to look at my username and figure out EXACTLY who I am. I want facts so that my contribution $ go to the right person. I don't want speculation, inuendo or rumor....just the facts.

Guest (in Trinity or W.C.),

Maybe, sir, you need to do a ride along sometime and see just how "overpaid and underworked" we are. I guarantee you won't be spending alot of time in your neighborhood......you'll be too busy trying to catch up on the "calls holding screen" in Hudson, Moon Lake, Holiday, Embassy etc.......

You are right. I have only done one ride along and need to do a few more to get the real picture. I will remedy my lack of first hand knowledge immediately.

Just FYI,
    Per agency policy, you are only allowed one ride a long every 12 months....

Quote Originally Posted by 20/20 Vision
    I've been here over 10 years and have NEVER seen it this bad. Shortly before we exercised our right to collectively bargain, we were given the veiled threat that there was a waiting list of 125 people who were qualified. Well folks, as one who has trained (tried to train) some of them, I can tell you there was no list. A few of our newer deputies applied for the job well after the statement was made to us about the waiting list and the deputy was hired within 30 days of applying. Since these guys and gals were not honor grads of their academy classes, it would be accurate to surmise they should have been placed at the back of the waiting list, but as I said, one didn't exist. Many of these "apply and get hired within 30 days" recruits failed out of the FTO program because they were not cutting it. Some of them have no survival instinct and poor officer safety. Many more cannot even write a report and do not know how to spell at a sixth grade level.

We have more people leaving than we have being hired. This is the first visible indicator of how Pasco County Sheriff's failures start. I say "visible" because the causes are not noticeable by any members of the public and they have occurred long, long ago. It is also too late for him to turn it around. The last one waited this close to the campaign year and look what happened. Unfortunately, this guy will likely be more vindictive when he looses than the previous two combined. I can already see it and have noticed he cannot look you in the eye when he speaks to you about topics like job security and work environment.

Everyone needs to take good notes as to who is working against the majority of the deputies to further themselves with BW and do not forget those names. They are part of the cancer the next Sheriff will need to surgically remove from the agency so the rehab can begin. I believe BW and his crew have 587 days left.

I don't know if there was ever a waiting list of 125, but when there is low turnover at an agency, applicants often take other jobs. Call HR (citizen or employee) and see how many LE deputies left over the last couple of months - and why they left (DROP people HAVE to leave). Compare that to how many people have been hired during the same period of time. More people are being hired than are leaving. FTO's (Field Training Officers) should know that.

The old salts always complain about the quality of the new guys, and no matter how much screening you do, some people don't make it all the way through. It was the same way 10, 20 and even 30 years ago. Ask anyone with 10 years at any agency, they will make the same observations.

It sounds like there are threats in the above post? Shouldn't employees be able to support anyone they want, even the incumbent?

:wink:

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol

Support

The comment from Guest of Trinity and Wesley Chapel, you need to know your role. I am a Pinellas Leo who lives in Trinity, and I will vote for whomever my Pasco brothers and sisters support. I have been at Beef O Brady's when the Sheriff stopped by my table on his way out. I asked him a few questions and some chaparone stepped in to answer me. I know the moron making the overpaid statement would be the same one complaining that the neighbors dog is shi*ting in his yard expecting justice. Just let us know election time what you folks need.....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast