Good Cop or Fall Guy; You Be The Judge - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

i am new. i am unsure about what he did. i have no opinion on it.

Guest23 I agree. I think the traffic unit should use common sense too. Why in the world are they jamming up patrol cars for speeding when they have bigger and better things to deal with. I am a little off topic, but this is the CCSO message board so I will continue to make it relative to our agency. I also think the traffic unit needs to get off their high horse and start acting like real cops. They need (not all of them, but most) to man up and stop trying to screw over their own unless justified. I have heard way too many stories lately and it disgust me to know that our traffic unit is screwing their own guys over. Some people are so set at promotion in this agency that they will do whatever it takes to achieve a higher ranking, even if it means screwing us cops over. It is so bad in there they are looking at losing their best traffic offier to another agency because of low blow crap. I can tell you the traffic unit better not speed around me unless they are going somewhere...because I just might question their reason and pass it on to the appropriate person.

Loosing their best officer?..sorry, he left a few years ago and a few are still around. He is a hard worker and does a great job but you can not say that HE is the best. Out of the whole unit I can only count about 5 that would make the "Best" list. The rest are full of attitude with no experience to back it. But give credit where credit is due. It is tough to work in that unit and meet everyones demands. Those guys and gals work very hard and get little appreciation, including from their own supervisors. So do not judge them for following orders until you have worked in their shoes. They do not always like the assignment either.

As far as the other Guest, she did commit a Felony! Who cares what her reason was. The law does not allow for excuses. If you want to give her a handicapp for an excuse, what about the guy who robs a bank to pay the medical bills for his dying child. Everyone has an excuse. Stop judging this deputy after the fact. She chose to speed away from the stop. All bets are off from that point on. He acted within their own policy and within the law so get over it!

Grow up Guest. We should not be asking deputies (reference speeding) and the public to accept responsibility for their own actions. As you say "Man Up" for your choice of conduct and if you don't, then don't start crying like a sissy that the bad deputy enforced the law because you failed to follow it. (No matter what your excuse is)

Being a cop sometimes requires you to make tough decisions. Enforcing the law effectively will not always allow you to win a popularity contest either. That is why the public does not like us. Accept the role and responsibilty or find another profession. Better yet, I have a tree in my yard that needs hugging.

Sorry for my rant but man I am tired of hearing this Guest judge his brothers and sisters with his misguided opinions of law enforcement...

Guest, stop relying on "heard of" in reference to stories about deputies jamming up other deputies and find out by fact directly. Call the accused deputy yourself and ask if he did a deed you are upset about. If you don't, then your ears are easy to fill with garbage and rumors. Remember that when your radar is on, you're also looking at your own patrol speed., for a traffic unit that means he's also looking at his patrol speed while it's forever on hard drive and DVD.

i dont like it either that just anyone can post a comment on this site. too bad the CCSO doe not have an internal site like this that can only be accessed by deupties. oh wait... we did but the admin did not like it or the comments so it was esenntially done away with.

I read the CCSO site. I understand why it did not work. The command staff did not have enough time in the day to keep answering the few who continued to whine and cry about stupid stuff. The few who abused that site with their redundant and childish questions took a great idea and spoiled it from those of who actually posted responsible and mature questions. Those questions were answered by the staff and the site worked for which it was intended for.

As far as this site, it is expected that we will have those type of people posting here and therefore more people are tollerant of the few who like to brainwash others with a single thought or position.

Looks like Curios George works in the traffic unit.I have not seen you get defensive on other topics where some guest (not me) slam other units or cops. As soon as this message came out you quickly attempted to slam the guest who posted a "blow" at the traffic unit. And for your information, I do not typically leave messages as guest. Remember, anyone out there can leave postings under the name "guest." I have a screen name as Guest10.

I don't understand why there are people out there who really feel that the deputy made a mistake by doing what he did. I am not Certified so bare that in mind when you read this response. Had the woman waited another 2-5 minutes, she would have had her ticket and been on her way to see her family member. Saying that what she did is okay, is wrong. I had to drive my daughter (who was 2 at the time) to the ER with her toe hanging off and bleeding like crazy. I didn't run any lights or speed in order to get her there. This lady didn't have her family member in the car and therefore had no reason to break as many laws as she did. Its understandable to be upset when a family member is in trouble or hurting in some way or another but come on...COMMON SENSE should have told her to just sit and wait till the deputy was done. She could have fought the ticket later if necessary. Notice that COMMON SENSE is in BOLD!

i am stupid, and i apologize

HUH? Why do you say that?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast