Still here
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still here

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Still here

And still taking your calls and e-mails.
    Thomas Lake
    Staff Reporter
    St. Petersburg Times
    tlake@sptimes.com
    (727) 869-6245 (office)
    (727) 992-8665 (cell)

Welcome back Tom, Do you know the real story about Major Page announcing his retirement so suddenly, it seems that he is attempting to cover it with he has maxed out his retirement contributions but that doesn't justify walking away from $100,000 + a year salary with all the perks that he enjoys

It appears that the moderator is not going to or is unable to reinstall some of your last string so maybe you should reintroduce yourself to any new readers out here who don't know who you are. I faxed you in August and talked to you about a week ago and am unable to get the dates you requested...did you hear that ? it sounds like some anal cavities squeezing shut!!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    OK. For those who don't know, my main job is writing about your agency. So if there's anything I'm missing -- anything that isn't in the paper but should be -- please tell me about it. You'll see my contact information below. Thanks for all you do.
    Thomas Lake
    Staff Reporter
    St. Petersburg Times
    tlake@sptimes.com
    (727) 869-6245 (office)
    (727) 992-8665 (cell)

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    I was not aware of the removal of the previous thread being deleted until it had already been done. There is no way of restoring a thread that has been deleted.

Please keep the posts within the Terms of Use and this could be a very productive thread for you and your agency.

ALL MODERATORS

Do not delete this thread without the consent of Sysop or myself. If any posts violate the Terms of Use, by all means delete that post. But please keep the thread intact.

Thank you,

MOD 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Welcome back Tom, Do you know the real story about Major Page announcing his retirement so suddenly, it seems that he is attempting to cover it with he has maxed out his retirement contributions but that doesn't justify walking away from $100,000 + a year salary with all the perks that he enjoys
    HE RETIRED BECAUSE HE WAS ALREADY IN THE DROP AND HIS WIFE IS TAKING THE HR DIRECTORS JOB SINCE SHE IS NOT IN THE DROP AND HAS TIME TO MAKE UP.

I heard the Sheriff is already considering the next election in the bag. He was to have claimed he will be the only 3rd term Sheriff when he wins the upcoming election. That is a very modest statement.

Hey Tom, I read in another post about the sheriff is going to hire Pages wife to run H/R and I have also read that she was recently demoted at D.O.C could you confirm this? What was she demoted for, why would
    the sheriff hire somebody that might be running from a possible discipline something just doesn't smell good about this potential hire

Tom,
    You don't post here much. I'm just wondering do you just rely on members to email or call you and not involve yourself too much in the discussions. I have seen alot of discussion on various topics in all the forums but I don't think I can remember one of them in the paper. Is that because due to all the back and forth worthless banter alot of people get into, there hasn't been anything newsworthy? I suspect that's probably the case. Anyhow, take care.

so everything that has been printed appears to be true that Major Page gave up his high salaried position so that the sheriff could hire his wife to
    take over another high salaried position, it is obvious that Capt. Head has been groomed for the past few years to take over for Page when he did
    retire. And I believe he will do a great job. But I cannot understand the sheriffs choice of hiring Major Pages wife. I have talked to people that I
    know from DOC and they have said that she recently was demoted at her previous job but no one knows why.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast