Baker is Staying - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Isn't that true! This is the only city where they have to "educate" the citizens before enforcement. We have had officers reprimanded for issuing parking tickets (Old SE) without offering proper warning and education that he was going to write the parking tickets and thats not the exception...its the majority.

We are forced to ignor blatent omngoing violations. Lawman was right. Try enforcing anything at Ikes. They gather by the dozens and hang outside of the liquor store at 15 Ave and 16 St so where they drink and play cards. At Niteriders on 49 St So (which is owned by a police major) they set up BBQ stands and sell food while cranking their stereos and dinking in the lot. Check all the prior calls there and see what has been done. To top it off come visit the "afterparty" following the MLK parade. Do you have any idea hat that costs the taxpayers. I'll give you a hint: all days off are cancelled and no vacations are approved fo that day. They pay several hundred police officers overtime to sit and watch thousands of people completely shut down a major thoroughfare and openly drink and smoke weed. Don't beleive me come on down and see for yourself. You can bet the Mayor and Council won't be there!!

Re: The King has not seen the end of me either

Yes to feed my own ego, that is it! Wow! Who know? We didn't start this mess, they did. We have had a hedge there and 10 feet since city council voted to do away with hedge and wall height requirements in 95. Seems the King of the time had a little problem with his to tall wall. So what does city council do, they vote to suspend the rules. Seems fair to me. You also seem to overlook the fact that we won in court in Sept of this year. We will win again and this time we will be out for money damages. I hope you are not one of the officers on the street. If you are you need some instruction in property rights law.

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVMYCITY
    cut the Bull,You take on the King, to feed your owne Ego.
    Please stop messin with our city and Move. :!:

That idiot must not be one of us. With few exceptions (mostly up the ranks) you will find little support for "the king". All he has shown is a total disregard for public safety. Wait until this years stats and the management study results come in. You have little to no police protection in the city. We have been lucky so far but that can't go on forever. Let the king pat himself on the back and brag about how good he is. The bottom is bound to drop out at the SPPD before long.
    As for your fight...I'm sure you have lots of support from us. Go get em.

I feel for you people. I know in any dealing I have had you guys have been to a t very professional, polite, and willing to listen. For instance the poor guy who had to make a visit here on turkey day had no idea what I was dealing with. After I explained it to him he was in agreement with me. Last year when some moron slashed the first sign (probably a code enforcement officer)and a neighbor called you guys I had three cars here. I was not happy about the waste of police resources and told the guys to just go away. That was not an option. I had to make a report. I was told then that I had every right to have a sign and many cops stood by my comments. I have to admit it was a surprise to me. Anyway I have an idea of the kind of dysfunctional program you have to deal with. If the city administration is any indication of the people in charge I am surprised any of you bother to show up for work. Police and firemen are the only necessary government funded program this city needs. As for code enforcement, parks and recreation, zoning, and utilities we could either do without or outsource to private companies for way less money.

Quote Originally Posted by to jim
    That idiot must not be one of us. With few exceptions (mostly up the ranks) you will find little support for "the king".

mayor mud

Anyway...back to the point, if our schmoozing mayor did land a job for all his wheeling & dealing in st pete with governor-elect Crist in Tallahassee, does that mean the unthinkable, the not totally unexpected,...

that Goliath Davis, deputy mayor, would be elevated to actual mayor??

And by way of connections, would ass't chief luke williams then take his anointed spot as chief, shoving out chief chuck harmon?

can you read the handwriting on the wall YET?

Member LEO Affairs Detective

Re: mayor mud

[quote="guest 111"]Anyway...back to the point, if our schmoozing mayor did land a job for all his wheeling & dealing in st pete with governor-elect Crist in Tallahassee, does that mean the unthinkable, the not totally unexpected,...

that Goliath Davis, deputy mayor, would be elevated to actual mayor??

And by way of connections, would arse't chief luke williams then take his anointed spot as chief, shoving out chief chuck harmon?

can you read the handwriting on the wall YET?[/quote

:shock:
    Arrest them suckers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12