11.5 hr shifts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11.5 hr shifts

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It would cost them less at first but end up costing them more in the long run.

In lieu of 1/2 hour overtime per paycheck, do you think changing it to comp time offered might make this more palatable for the city?
    How is that?

Here's an idea, those that want to work more than 8 hours can go to a dept that offers it!!!!!!

Yeah thats what I want to do is spend more then eight hours here

I ponder if there is a way to make almost everyone happy. Obviously the majority of those who don't want the 12 hour shifts are bravo people. Maybe we can make a plan that keeps them on eights while the rest on 10 or 12's. FLPD did it for a while by district. Probably be tricky though...

I ponder if there is a way to make almost everyone happy. Obviously the majority of those who don't want the 12 hour shifts are bravo people. Maybe we can make a plan that keeps them on eights while the rest on 10 or 12's. FLPD did it for a while by district. Probably be tricky though...
    There is no way to make everyone happy here
    We got a good contract, we got a new building, everyone has a car, new cars have been ordered, were getting new radios, trailer park is gone, state road 7 is cleaning up......goodness people
    As far as 11.5 hr shifts, if everyone was soooo concerned, how come hardly anyone brought it up at the FOP meeting....thats your forum people
    Use it, its yours, you dont like something change it.......the voters just did it to Congress

Shifts

The issue is whether or not there will be enough staffing to stay with the current schedule. A lot of people are (or say they are) leaving. I submitted a hybrid plan ALTERNATE 4 / 10 HOUR SHIFTS / 3 / 12 1/4 HOUR SHIFTS
    If you have a plan, submit one. The Admin. has to carefully examine any plan and determine how it will affect court O.T., contractural issues, labor laws etc., but maintaining adequate staffing is paramount.

11.5 Hour Shifts

So where do we stand now with the 11.5 hour shift proposal. Shift bids are upon us and there is no signs anywhere of the administration considering the new shift.

Stop worrying about it, its done! no hourly change unless we re-open the contract which is not going to happen. if you want to work long hours go elsewhere

shifts

Quote Originally Posted by Let it go
    Stop worrying about it, its done! no hourly change unless we re-open the contract which is not going to happen. if you want to work long hours go elsewhere
    WE HAVE SPOKEN, ANYTHING MORE THAN 8 HOURS WON'T FLY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12