c.o.p.s. deputies - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

C.O.P.'s deputies

Just so you know, the last psot was me.

looks like the so-old-cop is on the defensive.
    any deputy or supervisor that has been here a while knows what the truth is. the cops units in s-e should be put on shifts, that way the shift supervisor could make sure they take calls in their cops areas. stop hiding behind all the bogus stuff that you guys supposedly do. maybe the supervisors who are reading this should start checking your monthly stats.
    finally, dont assume you know who posts messages on these boards, besides it does not matter. the truth hurts, but deal with it.

C.O.P.'s deputies

Personal attacks are unacceptible on this site, but if you continue to resort to them, you're only hurting yourselves. There is no "defensive" tone to my posts, just observations. They obviously struck a nerve with someone. As for the comment on supervisors, we don't worry about what you do, or what your supervisors think we do. Patrol supervisors need to concern themselves with patrol functions. Our supervisors know what we do, and they are the only ones we have to please. To put COP's deputies on the shifts, would be the end of the COP's purpose. As I said, answering calls is the primary function of patrol. It's secondary for COP's. But the sad thing with all of this is how this message board is being used. We're all cops. We all have a specific job to do, and we're supposed to be a brother/sisterhood. I'm not seeing that here. In the work that we do, any one of us could die on any given day. That's a fact we all live with, but we spend our time on this board, tearing each other down. We whine that others aren't pulling their load, when we don't have a clue what the other one really does. The enemy is out there,in the streets, not here...or at least, it shouldn't be here. The fact that it is, makes a sad statement about the mindset that cops are developing. It used to be, we could always count on each other. I'm not seeing that here. I refuse to judge all patrol deputies by the few lazy ones I know. Most deputies are good, hard working, honorable men and women. Only a very small percentage are slugs, and they are most likely the ones voicing the loudest complaints here. Most patrol deputies work side-by-side with those of us in COP's and ECHO, because they are smart enough to know that we have other job functions to attend to. Those are the deputies whose opinions I concern myself with, not the whiners I see here.

nothing personal, but the end of the cops program sounds like a great idea. put all you guys and gals back on shifts, get back to the real world.

by the way, why is it that when the two current poinciana cops deputies got wind that a certain lieutenant was coming to the s-e district, why did they both try to bail out of the cops program???

not too hard to figure out.

C.O.P.'s deputies

It had nothing to do with The LT or any supervisor. In fact, the unit they both apply for is supervised by that same LT. So you really don't know what you're talking about, do you?

Really

Patrol supervisors need to concern themselves with patrol functions.
    I have to say that I disagree. Patrol supervisors need to concern themselves with the safety of their unit and then with their three little sectors. You as a COPS deputy are their concern if you are inside of their region.

I'm sure that trends affect where a COPS unit is assigned so I think that the COPS supervisors are going to want to know what is going on with Patrol.

c.o.p.'s deputies

Oh, I completely agree with you, on that issue. But not all of the patrol supervisors are doing that. Their motives aren't to improve PROCAP, or officer safety. It's to foster their belief that the COP's deputies don't do anything. I know of a couple of supervisors who look for reasons to complain daily against the COP's unit. It's as if they have an axe to grind. They don't listen to their own people, or what their own people are doing to each other, but they pay close attention to us. It's as if they don't want to believe that we actually are working. They spend their shift, looking for reasons to complain about us to the captain. If all of them had your sentiments behind their actions, it would work very well. But they don't.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the COP's deputies needed s35 1018. He asked for another COP's deputy, because it didn't occur to him to just ask for help. He knows how patrol feels about us, so he asked for someone that he knew would come. The closest COP's unit was in Winter Haven at 1100 (he was in Wahneta). It wasn't until the COP's sergeant asked if a patrol unit was closer, that one spoke up in Eagle Lake. You can't argue that that is OK. I know that supervision is monitoring this website, and I know that we aren't supposed to "get personal" or point out any specific shift, person, or whatever. But that was unacceptible. When a law enforcement officer needs help, how can anyone not respond? I don't understand the new mentality of officers these days. From what I have seen over the years, the "brotherhood" is no more. It's every man for himself now. It's very, very sad to me, because this isn't the profession I came into so humbly 30 years ago. There are some officers who still feel that sense of loyalty to each other, but we are a dying breed.

And I'm not picking on the deputy who was in Eagle Lake. What I'm saying is that NO ONE spoke up. There used to be a time, everyone would drop what they were doing, and come running. If we were on a call that we could break away from, we did it. We knew that we could always go back and finish it after we helped our buddy. When was the last time you heard a deputy do that. They get on the call, and they don't feel a responsibility to leave for ANY reason, until they get done. There is no sense of "watching each others backs" anymore. It's lost, and I can't tell you how to get it back. The new folks coming into this profession don't have the same mindset that we live with. To be honest, I feel for them and their futures. This is a tough profession. Without the bond of brotherhood (and sisterhood), they will be lost. You must feel joy in your work, especially if it's a job that could someday take your life. The joy comes from the bond you share with the only people who truly know what you deal with everyday. But that connection is fading. I worry for them in the years to come.

c.o.p.s deputy's are the backbone of this agency and they are my hero's and anyone who disagree with me suck so bad!!!!!!

Why? Cause they like to play with the little kiddies like you? LMAO

Aardvarks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast