Quote Originally Posted by Enough already
Jeans will never be put on the dress code. Get over it and move on. When is the last time you seen a police officer wearing jeans (who wasn't 'undercover')? Hmmmm??

As for Employee Appreciation - in our office we were asked to pitch in and help pay for our lunch. I guess it's more like "appreciate yourselves" month or something.

By the way, I appreciate working with professionals. If you can't practice common courtesy - you're not acting professional. When is the last time you said "Please" and "Thank you" to your fellow co-worker? To those of you who treat EVERYONE with respect and make this a good place to work - Thank You - I appreciate you. To those who don't ... grow up and/or go somewhere else.
The last time I saw a cop wearing jeans was yesterday, and they weren't undercover and were on duty. Our local Sheriff's Office allows specialized units to wear jeans and a department t-shirt with athletic shoes. For example our fugitive squad wears jeans, career criminal unit wears jeans, and our SET teams wear jeans. In addition their are other police departments within our county that allow their officers to wear jeans.