Let's go over some facts:

(1) The majority of the active membership is of the opinion that the FOP has done NOTHING to help us. The Allapattah Boys, McLovins ROD, Figueroa and Lindsey demoted, etc. The FOP has been silent. Not a single email or letter.

(2) We are in a contract year where the City is looking for a favorable contract that doesn't hit them in the pocket.

(3) Acevedo is not liked by the commissioners and the city manager and mayor have buyers remorse

(4) there are several staff members that are hoping Acevedo fails so they can take the throne but they themselves are powerless speed it up.

Keep that all in mind on this hypothetical

Tommy goes to Chief Morales and says "if I can get Acevedo terminated and you become chief, will you take care of me and mine?". And Morales says YES.

Tommy goes to the manager "if I can get a contract through that is favorable to the city, while helping you build a case to terminate Acevedo, will you promote Morales? And the manager says YES.

Now think about the sudden emails from the FOP bashing Acevedo for Ubeda's ROD and Email reference Cuban Mafia and the continuous attacks on Acevedo.

Interesting times ahead