Read this objectively and comnpletely before you make a decision. Answer constructively and do not ridicule or otherwise act immature.

My vote is no, let's go to impasse. This is by far the worst of the three ncontracts that I have been around for. As in the first two, the City cried they had no money but then found money after we setteled to do many questionalble things.

By going to impasse we do not have much to lose and possibly a lot to gain. A special master can impose a one year contract which I doubt would be worse than what we have been offered. The plus side is that the City would have to show their cards, under oath, and prove that what they are saying in the way of not having money is true. Right now they are just blowing smoke up our collective arses and we have no way to dispute it. Under impasse, they would have to prove it to a special master and show all their cards. Impasse is also not goodfor the City as it negatively affects their bond rating. Maybe when the reality sinks in they will come back to the table and negotiate in good faith.

This contract will hurt us for the rest of our carreers. I disagree with anyone who thinks it is the best we can do. Everything about it is wrong. The giveback (5%) is ludacris. The off-duty pensionable is terrible. It will hurt you in many ways. If you are a rookie officers making $30,000 in off-duty, you will give back $3,000 a year. Over a 26 year career, that is close to $80,000 dollars!!!! If you max out on OT your last two years, that is $80,000 dollars you threw out the window. The amount of jobs available will diminish as the command staff will jump all over the available jobs to pump up their pensions. Remenber, they do not make overtime. the only way they can increase their pensions is by working off-duty. Nothing against the Command Staff but must of them are way overpaid already.

The DROP proposal is also a disaster. This is something that will only possibly benefit those who are planning to retire during this contracr. I guarantee you the City will use this as a stepping stone to eliminate the COLA completely while we are in the DROP.