After over a year of planning, hiring the expert, changing plans 15 times, talking about it and talking about it, redeployment is a horrible failure. After all the hype this is the crap we have ended up with?

Calls holding pages is now full all day, no one can keep up with them self, not to mention your zone partner and squad partners. Before the redeployment, I drove about 50 miles less a day and I'm not the only one. Now multiply this by 450 patrol units. Bottom line, everyone is working harder and driving farther. This implementation is by far thee hugest failure I have ever seen at this agency, and I have been here long enough to see several successes and failures.

Col Brown, I know this was your baby. I'm begging you to realize that this has created a disaster. Please don't be stubborn and stay with a failed plan. Go back to the drawing board and start over.

My advice is this. The model we chose to closely follow was the Richmond VA Police Department and LAPD deployment model. This model consist of sectors with a certain amount of sectors in each district. Each sector is manned by three patrol units each. Somehow, in our grand wisdom, we chose to place two units in each sector and still call it a zone. So now the radio is jammed packed with call signs that are too long, supervisors putting early cars in late car designations and late cars in early designations. After an all day absolute circus, at around 1700, there are so many calls holdings and X37's are dispatching early cars because they are logged on as late cars and not dispatching late cars because they are logged on as early cars. Add this on top of all the chaos that this deployment system has created, and it absolutely sucks balls.

Col Brown, we are going to need to totally commit to either three units in a sector and reduce the sectors (which is what LAPD and Richmond PD are doing successfully) or go back to our old zone organization. Col Brown I hope that you monitor gas usage after a month on the new deployment, the average response time, and the frequency of patrol vehicles having to be serviced for an oil change. I guarantee that all three of these categories will have increased, defeating what we set out to accomplish. Col I was at your meeting several months ago at Golden Corral and Sir, this is not what you wanted.

Please Please do not do what always happens in government work, and that's leave something in place that doesn't work just to justify the amount of time and money spent on the plan.