Schedule Woes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schedule Woes

Re: schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Polk Deputy
    ... forgot to mention we have 24 hr a day use of the car anywhere in the county for any reason (except for times when alcohol may be consumed, of course). I go to the gym, visit family, grocery store .. whatever. All that is required is that we sign onto the computer as "In service for personal use". It may also be driven OUT of county for school, college, or training purposes. How many more hundreds of dollars a year does this alone put into our pockets?

Be safe, guys!
    Good stuff man tks for the details, good to hear not everyone is behind the times...I guess you have to expect things to be backwardsass when your in a small town, w/ smalltown politics and growth is extremly slow not to mention movement within. The largest number here is the attrition rate...There is no incentive salary wise to be here or transfer here.

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

Quote Originally Posted by unhappy
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

Thats why I stepped up to this position. It's a great platform for discussion and others to speak freely without fear of retrobution from this administration. Pass the sig. 14 to others about this site.

28 day cycle

We at tampa pd the uniform street officers work a 4 on 4 off, 3 11.4 hrs day and our last day is 11.5 . They love it. When I came on in 1980 we worked a 28 day cycle, days to midnights. Later we had 56 shifts that you rotated thru over a three year period, every 28 days. Man did it suck. School was out of the question unless you used vacation time. Now we bid by seniority every year and officers can go to which district they want and the hours they want to work and even which Sgt. or Cpl. they want, we really have it made only working half a year. Best kept secret.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12