"Fire Hazards" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Fire Hazards"

Lessons not learned

I remember taking a class about 10 years ago where we were taught to operate as if a videotape was on recording everything we said and did.

Verbal Judo. What you do on a Friday night should stand up to review on Monday morning. There are no more dark alleys.

:shock: Wow! Here it is. This tent slashing actually was done on a Friday, and it's been a looonnnggg Monday morning.

(1) Smoking inside a tent.
    Can anyone help me locate the exact City Ordinance for future ref????
    Funny you would ask that. The former fire union president was asking the very same question. Hmmm... He was tasked with a mission by "someone," to find a reason to remove those tents. When others in the fire prevention office told him that small tents weren't our concern, he got pizzed, and stormed out of the office.

For those who don't know and think that this individual is still highly prized in the fire service -- he's not! He's our Bevan! He'll lie, cheat and judging from the fact that he fills out his own time sheet, he steals too!

Hey, if you guys are recruiting, we've got a wanna-be cop we'd like to offer you!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

City Ordinace

Please help me out here....
    My Payroll # here at SPPD is > 4600......
    just got off probation, with a Sgt watching my every move......
    I want to make a living , kiss buttocks and be promoted,,,,,
    and I can't.....
    Like I said I can't .....find that law against smoking in a tent !!!!!

Is my book missing it?
    Did someone forget to send me an update ?
    Am I Doomed !!!

Or is someone trying to blow smoke up the public's rectal orifice.....

I think the tent people should call the S.O. and file criminal mischief charges... That would be a laugh.

Think it's a felony charge?

A P/C arrest would be called for once you add the amounts up you clearly have a felony criminal mischief. Maybe trespassing in an occupied dwelling while armed with a box cutter, or would that be burglary to a dwelling? I know if one of us did this AL W would be pushing the State to file the felony charges. There was a weapon was anyone in fear? They also carried firearms in the commission of a felony? WOW Al could come up with some serious crimes for the right group of guys but not this group and we all know why. This needs to be investigated by someone other than SPPD.

Police test

What the police did when they slashed tents was:
    A - Armed burglary
    B - Burglary to an occupied dwelling
    C - Felony criminal mischief
    D - Follow a lawful order
    E - A, B & C

What the mayor did afterward was:
    A - Deny, deny and make counteraccusations
    B - Coverup his knowledge and approval
    C - Go out of town
    D - All of the above

ok, so maybe the cutting of the tents was a bit much, but i thought there were "no camping" laws in the city of st pete. so regardless of who was actually doing the wrong-doing, who was initially breaking the law? (the people with the tents)
    the city could be fined for all those tents people had up do to the violation, do you really think baker would take that? he'd rather the police dept take the blame. the point is there is no right answer here, there is no correct solution. the tent people have been asked to leave and they wont, the FD claims the fire hazard conditions, and the fact that the city will be fined for each tent that is standing...
    i dont have any sympathy for the homeless, and that might seem cold, but i don't. they need to get up and do something other that play the "poor me" card. I'm sick of it and it makes the city look worse than it already is.

Fly on the wall

Staff meeting agenda:

Jeff and I have been talking. This thing isn’t going away? Who can we screw to divert attention? JR what have we got that can be moved up to the front burner in IA? Luke any race stuff going around in patrol? You patrol folks got anything? Mel, Tom, Reggie, John? Ok how about CID David D? Mike, Dave H, Donnie? Now Hope I know you must have something? Cedric G. your people in Admin got anything? How about the good old time card thing anything there?

Look, I will only say this once. We don’t need some outside group of consultants running around here uncovering all this stuff? We all have a lot to lose here, now get out there and fabricate something if you have to? I'm just saying if we can't divert this attention, someone in this room will have to be accountable and we can't have that happen can we? Cedric meet with GO and tell him we need some direction down here at the PD, tell him we might have to go outside for some racial tension soon? This meeting is over and there better be no notes of this, now get out of here.

Later in private, Jeff I am thinking someone is after my job? Jeff who are you talking to on the phone? (Jeff) gotta go Luke see you later…

Absent leadership

People have been asking for me, I hear. Asking where the Assistant Chief of Patrol has been while this crisis with the homeless has been all over the TV and newspapers, letters to the editor, town meetings, staff writing memos, and so on.

Let's stop right there, or here. I have been busy. Working from home, as usual. I have to go home because sometimes the phone rings too much in my office. It gets too hectic to think right. Piccadilly gets a lot of traffic at lunch. Go's and Cedric's offices are too small to accomodit, addocom, well ..fit us all in, y'know what I'm saying.

We get tagged as a coalition when the four or five of us meet and then that pesky Rink tries to join in on the conversations and we have to get an excuse to dump him. It's hard to be an assistant chief. You think it's easy to act this role when you have no one to show you what to do?

Hell, we fired all the experienced ass't chiefs years ago when Davis took over. Buddy, Terry...it cost us about half a mil for each of 'em, but now we don't have to listen to them. It was money well spent...by the taxpayers, hell, not me!!

Anyway, I've taken lots of calls, been to a few joyriders meetings, from the master, Go. He's a pro when it comes to lying low waiting for the right time to make the move. Remember when Curt was done in? Had to wait for the mayor to leave town so our guy could be in an acting position to have the power.

Now, finally! Harmon got caught in an actual meeting, conspiring to do evil. One more little trap and we oughta be on the timetable for me to slip in. So don't you worry. I've been very busy getting ready.

Gotta run!

Sometimes

8)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12