"Fire Hazards"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Fire Hazards"

"Fire Hazards"

What's next? These trumped-up lies as excuses for why the police sliced tents belonging to the homeless... fire officials feigning concern for safety hazards as a way to justify slashing tents...

Will deputys with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office go to Fort Desoto Park and slash campers tents next since no one brings a fire extinguisher inside a tent! And to think of all those trees at that historic park, why it's a national landmark deserving prompt attention.

This constitutes imminent jeopardy! Exigent circumstances! Call 911!

Bums need to go!

I just would like to see the tent people gone! I don't care where. Why should this city have to accommodate homeless people? Most are very capable of working, they just don't want to. I think they should go to jail! If I broke the law, I would end up in jail. Are they not breaking the law?

I am getting a little tired of accommodating a society that seems bent on not doing the right thing.The right thing in this case is, not to accept there chosen lifestyle,that is after all there choice to be bums. At what point do the people that live quietly, almost invisible, going to work and trying hard to raise there children with some forum of values and ethics in a world that seems to celebrate the opposite, get a little representation, a little speck of what is fair, just a taste of correctness?

when?

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Taking the heat

Major "Scizzors-hand" Bevan stepped up to the plate today and announced that she was the officer in charge in the field. She gave the final order to cut down the tents, hoping this would take some heat off the Mayor who is totally "Spin-less" over the incident.

Scizzors-lady THOUGHT she was being compassionate.....
    After all - NO ONE got stabbed in the back this time....

good grief we are lost

"NO ONE got stabbed in the back this time...."

Give her time someone else will get stabbed over this one too. Her and Dee Dee what leadership district II has, good grief we are lost.

Since when do we give 60 days for an after-action memo?

"Police Maj. Melanie Bevan, the officer who came up with the idea of cutting away tents if homeless people protested by refusing to leave them, will write an after-action memorandum; she has 60 days to give her findings to Harmon."

Since when do we give 60 days for an after-action memo? They were allways due by the end of the work day in the past. Next time I get ordered to IA I don't think they will ask for an after action memo in 60 days. Can you say cover up... Once again it's the hard working cops who get screwed and the staff lies and covers for each other.

that excuse that the tents were fire hazards was so lame even the local newscasters were on to it. almost every modern tent made is fire resistant and the tents all appeared newer to me. spin spin spin the so called leaders of this city and police department are so full of sh1t it is sickening.

Mythbusters coming to town? Maybe flammable test on the tents should be done!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Ordinance violation

P.C. Police Question
    I'm trying to locate some reference material concerning this......

(1) Smoking inside a tent.
    Can anyone help me locate the exact City Ordinance for future ref????

Also....any information in respect to:
    (2) Farting within a tent

Seems to me that the two work together

Fart + Fire = Explosion

Hey Spin Soin Spin

Hey dip shit, open your mom’s tent and read the label. It specifically says the ten should be kept away from flames and is not fire retardant, you retard.

Fire hazards are everywhere

The alibi that the tents were slashed because they were "fire hazards" is a transparent excuse for unjustified criminal mischief. City officials need to just stop it. It makes legitimate reasons and qualified actions seem ludicrous. The excuse is an obvious attempt to mitigate damage.

Otherwise, police and firefighters should rush out to prevent other fires at the following places:

PORT-O-LETS. Go to every construction site in the city because they don't have fire extinguishers in the portable toilets

CAR DEALERSHIPS. Can't have all those cars on lots without a handy fire extinguisher, can we?

KIOSKS at malls.

EVERY SECTION AT TROP FIELD. Have you seen them? And to think of all the thousands of fans who risk their lives watching games

SCHOOL CLASSROOMS. Why our precious children are at grave risk

Get real. Cutting up the tents was an act of retaliatory vengeance by an embarassed mayor who ordered the police to do his dirty work.

Mayor Baker has made it worse by lying. The police and fire depts don't need to make it worse with a lame coverup for a corrupt politician.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast