Observations

Thread: Observations

Observations

I found that Cherokee County Sheriff office finally emulated their official Web Page site after another Sheriff's Office web page. It's about time after four years that the sheriff's office gets a web page up and running. I applaud the sheriff's initiative for this one!

Although I have some questions of concern with regards to your department:

First, does your department have daily worksheets to make all their officers accountable for their whereabouts each day? It's my understanding your officers only fills-out a daily activity report based on a computer print-out from your 911 office, but nothing to account for an officer's down time. Maybe a GPS system would account for all down time. Are all your officers really being productive? Why not spend money on a GPS system for your vehicles instead of a helicopter. This GPS is not only a device for accountability, but a safety device for officers down, or in need of help. I was informed that your drug officers spend most of their grant money cruising around the county, shopping on-duty, going home early and lying on there daily activity reports, is this true? Many deputies instead of patrolling the back roads can be found at Commissioner ****ey's service station, "Fat Backs" at all hours of the day and night, with much down time. If they are not there, they are at the sheriff 's trailer surfing the internet, or watching TV.

Free Coffee by commissioner ****ey to Cops in return for what? Do you not have any ethical standards in the state of North Carolina for not excepting gratuities from the public?

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cjst/Traini ... onduct.htm

http://fbilibrary.fbiacademy.edu/biblio ... ethics.htm

Police officers shall not compromise their integrity, nor that of their Department or profession, by accepting, giving or soliciting any gratuity which could be reasonably interpreted as capable of influencing their official acts or judgments, or by using their status as a police officer for personal, commercial, or political gain.

Gifts of guns (shotguns) from the local crime commission to the officers, for what? Was this officer not shot in the butt with a shotgun for running away at the scene? Does this officer not already have the proper weapons to protect himself. It sounds, or looks bad on the sheriff's office as if they are not properly equipped. I had the understanding that the Sheriff officers had .45 Sigs Auto for sidearms and 552 automatics weapons at $3,000.00 ea. for some officers, to include Dustin Smith. So, I ask myself, what is it with the free gifts? Is this more PR for the crime commission, or once again more mountain hillbilly nonsense, or maybe an ethical issue of integrity at best? Lets not forget 50% off for all officers at the Mexican restaurant. Even the preacher for the sheriff's office wearing his sheriff's t-shirt logo goes in on the 50% discount for food, talk about ethics! I wonder how many others are taking advantage of this, including the background investigator, civilian part-timer, Larry Dellaposta. I sometimes believe the only reason for the sheriff's shirts is for discounted food to be had by all employees.

One deputy gets shot in the butt because he was running away and then gets awarded for the behavior. Another officer was stupid enough to stand in front of a fleeing felony vehicle, gets run over and he too is a hero. Its sound to me that there is a lack of training at your department and that you make heroes of people whom should have be given desk jobs a long time ago. Lets not forget your drug task force commander Derick Palmer who once was shot at by an offender. Your sheriff and another trooper had to come to his rescue because he was found hiding behind his vehicle afraid to return fire with the suspect. The irony is, this same man is now your tactical drug task force commander, wow! I now understand why the drug war is being lost in Cherokee County. Oh, I forgot, my mistake, Palmer's sister is married to Chief Deputy Tom Fry, that explains it. That dam OH Good-OH-Boy Crap again. And I ask myself, why did that offender survive the shooting with law-enforcement? Oh, I forgot, he dropped his weapon and surrendered to the hero troopers. Once again, heroes by all!

Could not help myself reading under opportunity that your department is taking part-time deputies at this time. Question for your department, why the high turn-over there, and second, why do you not have a psychological nor polygraphs exams on applicants? Also, why are your current deputies not subjected to the same backgrounds, plus a psychological and polygraph? Why no yearly random drug testing by an independent organization for current officers?

Can someone intelligently respond to these questions without name calling, or cursing? If anything mentioned is incorrect, please tell us and we shall stand corrected. But we would like to know historically what is truth from fiction. Our tax dollars will be going up once gain, so we should be better informed in the coming future.

We respectfully ask that the Cherokee county newspaper make available all news stories accessible via the internet for the public to access. An informed public will bring more accountability to our publicly elected officials. We need historical documentation for interested people in the future.

This reply is directed to Observer, (Fig), or Oldman and the disgruntled duo. You post under different usernames trying to inflate your numbers. In the past you are the people that stated that this forum is for police officers to have an avenue to vent in a open or anonymous manner. So in closing, you guys are not police officers so stop posting here. :devil:

Get a Life

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy's Law
    This reply is directed to Observer, (Fig), or Oldman and the disgruntled duo. You post under different usernames trying to inflate your numbers. In the past you are the people that stated that this forum is for police officers to have an avenue to vent in a open or anonymous manner. So in closing, you guys are not police officers so stop posting here. :devil:
    Murphy's Law, please stop trying to distract from the issues and blaming Fig, or whomever. You guys use Fig as a punching bag for your incompetence and past errors. Murphy, why do you keep doing this, are you really a fig hater? I know of Fig, and he has not even been online for several months. He said that this forum became a joke and nothing but trash about him and boudrot, therefore he quit visiting. Now you bash Fig again. GET A LIFE MAN!!!!