Retro pay delayed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    You know what you little whiney cry baby.. if you weren't living beyond your means you wouldn't be sweating your off duty pay being late.
    People like this are why I embarressed to work here sometimes.

DON'T SHOW YOURSELF TO BE SUCH AN ASS!

The guy has a legitimate point. I know it's hard to image this, working for a major city and all, but people actually want to get paid for the hours they work.

If they have a personnel problem, fix it. It they have a computer problem, fix it. That isn't so outrageous to expect is it? Plus, try missing a job and see how fast the department wants to put pen to paper. If it's so important for an officer to be there, it's important enough to pay him.

shizzat taxed out of it

I am not an income tax expert by anymeans, I have a question though. Since I have worked here I keep hearing people say that if you work alot of off duty jobs in the same check cycle you have alot more taxes taken out than if you spread them out over a few cycles.

This is what I dont understand. If your taxes are based on your yearly income and not as you earn it, what am I missing?

More will be taken out during that cycle but it going to be the same amount (total) if you spread that out over 2 or 3 checks, its just a larger lump in the one check.

Can someone explain the other side of this coin??

I wasn't implying that you shouldn't get paid what is due to you at all. What I'm saying is that there are reasons not in their control that temporarily affected our off duty payroll. There is more than one person that can do it and she did. She also had other duties there, like scheduling the jobs and getting them out to you. Not to mention the countless I can't work my job today phone calls that they have to deal with and post. They keep a lot of us out of trouble by taking care of things that they really don't have to. Maybe you guys up in extra duty should start reporting that to the higher beings, that way you would be doing your job too, as well as all of the other things. Your accusation that they are working off duty jobs instead of paying us, is completely an outrageous lie. I'm sure the co-ordinator would show you the time cards if you were so concerned. I'm sure the girls in extra duty would love to have more employees to assist them, so why don't you suggest it.
    Shannon & Robin you guys rock and the majority of us appreciate everything you do!!!!

The website should be set up so officers can sign up for jobs online.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMM
    Wonder why its called "Off Duty" if u dont even have to do any "ON DUTY" to get to it? :shock:
    It's called Extra Duty!!!!

extra duty

EXTRA DUTY THATS RIGHT YOU NEED TO DO REGULAR DUTY BEFORE YOU CAN GET TO THE EXTRA DUTY.

Taxes

It is true. If you work the maximum hours in one pay cycle your taxes will be higher. Besides paying out your normal 25-28% marginal tax rate, you also have to pay a 10% confederate restoration fee, 8.625% to Great Britain, and a sliding scale or 0-8% to the Seminole Indian tribes. If you were born prior to 1952, you also have to pay the Eskimos !!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12