Raises - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raises

Raises. RIGHT!

Well, guess it's out. We'll enjoy our measly 5% while others (directors) enjoy their up to $31,000 (Willie) pay RAISE!. I am sure we will all find some use for our extra 30 bucks! I may even donate some money to the disaster response team to make the directors look good. Not much else to say here. Once again.....workers screwed at the expense of raises to the administration. I don't know about you all but there are plenty of agencies that could use some experienced law enforcement officers. We have many excellent officers employed here. Just to alleviate any debate over that sentence, of course just like any agency there are some that aren't (that's what happens when the pay puts people at the poverty level!) Simply look around. Lee County (If you'd like to stay in Florida) will pay you based on your experience when you start. 10 years of experience and you'll start at around 51,000!! Cost of living is a little more but comparable. I am sure there will be a mass exodus following this announcement and I'll race ya to the door! Anyone under 10 yrs or so should consider other agencies. You will maintain your retirement within the State of Florida and be paid what you are worth! We all know we're not going to get rich doing this job and many have made this career choice with many other qualifications (higher paying). At least you won't have to work side jobs simply to put food on the table if you go somewhere else. That will leave all of the "directors" to work the road! Oh, by the way, it may have been an excuse that the County retracted some of the money had a 5% across the board been given, BUT this obviously was not the case! Good luck everyone!

Re: Raises. RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy leaving!
    Well, guess it's out. We'll enjoy our measly 5% while others (directors) enjoy their up to $31,000 (Willie) pay RAISE!. I am sure we will all find some use for our extra 30 bucks! I may even donate some money to the disaster response team to make the directors look good. Not much else to say here. Once again.....workers screwed at the expense of raises to the administration. I don't know about you all but there are plenty of agencies that could use some experienced law enforcement officers. We have many excellent officers employed here. Just to alleviate any debate over that sentence, of course just like any agency there are some that aren't (that's what happens when the pay puts people at the poverty level!) Simply look around. Lee County (If you'd like to stay in Florida) will pay you based on your experience when you start. 10 years of experience and you'll start at around 51,000!! Cost of living is a little more but comparable. I am sure there will be a mass exodus following this announcement and I'll race ya to the door! Anyone under 10 yrs or so should consider other agencies. You will maintain your retirement within the State of Florida and be paid what you are worth! We all know we're not going to get rich doing this job and many have made this career choice with many other qualifications (higher paying). At least you won't have to work side jobs simply to put food on the table if you go somewhere else. That will leave all of the "directors" to work the road! Oh, by the way, it may have been an excuse that the County retracted some of the money had a 5% across the board been given, BUT this obviously was not the case! Good luck everyone!
    Not far behind you brother!! Adios to all, I'm packing as we speak........

Heard a new "rumor" today that the Intelligence Unit is getting an across the board raise; somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18%. Any truth to that?

Probably True!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Heard a new "rumor" today that the Intelligence Unit is getting an across the board raise; somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18%. Any truth to that?
    Maybe so! Let's call Bain, he'll set up a "three hour meeting!" with the sheriff to clear this rumor up! I know my monthly dues are a waist!!!!

What does the PBA have to do with how the money got broken down?

Well it could be that the PBA is there to fight for what is right for its' members, not to just provide you with an attorney if you get in trouble! Oh! I'm sorry, am I responding to a McNugget, I forgot, intell is made up of Rex, a former "narcotics officer", and civilian employees! My bad! I guess they do deserve substantial raises especially since most of them are female and have had their asses grabbed by (you know who) in the past so lets keep them happy and they won't file sexual harrassment complaints. Well I guess I didn't think before I responded, got to go now, I have three signal 15's to work today so I can keep my family from starving. Hey, are there any over paid "do nothings" out there that might cover a shift for me tonight so I can pick up another signal 15 or two?

get over it

You guys embarass me to even know I work the streets with you, you bunch of whiners.

I was talking with another deputy and we realized two things...1, that it would have been nice to get more of a raise. But the important one, #2, is that we got almost exactly what the admin promised. If you remember back last summer, when the audit started, they told us they expected we would get a 10% raise that year. Then it became 3 in August, with the other 7% prmoised in January, for a total of 10%. What we actually got was 3% in August and 5% now, for a total of 8%. They promised 10, we got 8. Big freakin deal. We are even with or above the pay level of 90% of agencies in the panhandle.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the desparity in teh amount of raise given to the higher-ups...but get over it concerning our percentage..for the most part, we got what was promised, and are even with other agencies.

Re: get over it

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy
    You guys embarass me to even know I work the streets with you, you bunch of whiners.

I was talking with another deputy and we realized two things...1, that it would have been nice to get more of a raise. But the important one, #2, is that we got almost exactly what the admin promised. If you remember back last summer, when the audit started, they told us they expected we would get a 10% raise that year. Then it became 3 in August, with the other 7% prmoised in January, for a total of 10%. What we actually got was 3% in August and 5% now, for a total of 8%. They promised 10, we got 8. Big freakin deal. We are even with or above the pay level of 90% of agencies in the panhandle.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the desparity in teh amount of raise given to the higher-ups...but get over it concerning our percentage..for the most part, we got what was promised, and are even with other agencies.
    It must be promotion time...yep...let the A** kissing begin.again. You are out of your mind if you think we got what we were promised. For your 14 the 3% in october was not from the sheriff, it came from the county. He wants you to believe it was he that got it. YOU obviously were not at the joint musters when the sheriff and chief said at least 7% in JANUARY!!!!! PROBABLY more. WHat about the surveys?????? A waste of money!. You probably haven't work the "STREETS" in years. You stay in your office and suck up, you'll be the next to get promoted. oh, I bet you are a PBA board member too!! I heard that some of them got 15%.....must be nice

Well it could be that the PBA is there to fight for what is right for its' members, not to just provide you with an attorney if you get in trouble!
    Again, more whining without suggestions. What do you want the PBA to do specifically?

One of the first things that they could do is endorse another candidate running for Sheriff. Simple, but effective.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast