Raises - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raises

Quote Originally Posted by deputy
    Quote Originally Posted by shove your 5 percent
    This was removed from the Escambia Sheriff's Office website. It is being posted here for those who missed it and in case it changes.

Nothing but propaganda to me until I see it in my bank account I'll never beleive it!
    IM RICH BIT@H!

From the PBA website:

Putting Pay Rumors to Rest and Other Clarifications

I had a three hour meeting today with the Sheriff, the Chief, and Steve Stevens. The big rumor was that DST’s would be starting at $32,900 and then getting their 10% after a year putting them at over $36,000 starting pay. That is not happening. DST’s currently start at $28,402. That will be increased by 5% to $29,822. At the end of one year they will get a 10% raise putting them at $32,804 (there will also most likely be a 3% merit raise during October, but that’s not guaranteed). Starting pay for a Deputy Sheriff will be $32,895. Current Deputies who are not making $32,895 will be bumped up to that or receive a minimum of 5% whichever is more.

Besides these starting numbers we still have no idea how the rest of the raises will go. All we know is that these are the starting pay numbers and the Sheriff has said that everyone is going to receive a minimum of a 5% raise.

Other contractual items that were clarified are as follows:

If your regular hours work you into shift that receives shift differential you get the differential. The number of hours you worked in an evening shift and midnight shift will not be seperated. You will receive the midnight shift differential. Also, concerning shift differential, if you take off from a shift that gets dfor a period of time you still get your shift differential regardless of how many days you worked that week.

Civilian shift differential will be as follows:

Civilians will earn shift differential for:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Security Monitors will receive $100 month shift differential

This shift differential pay will be retroactive back to November 25th 2006.

The Sheriff also told me that within 30 days he would meet with me to discuss the possibility of raising the side job rate of pay.

Sincerely,

Bain Custer

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    From the PBA website:

I had a three hour meeting today with the Sheriff, the Chief, and Steve Stevens. The big rumor was that DST’s would be starting at $32,900 and then getting their 10% after a year putting them at over $36,000 starting pay. That is not happening. DST’s currently start at $28,402. That will be increased by 5% to $29,822. At the end of one year they will get a 10% raise putting them at $32,804 (there will also most likely be a 3% merit raise during October, but that’s not guaranteed). Starting pay for a Deputy Sheriff will be $32,895. Current Deputies who are not making $32,895 will be bumped up to that or receive a minimum of 5% whichever is more.

Besides these starting numbers we still have no idea how the rest of the raises will go. All we know is that these are the starting pay numbers and the Sheriff has said that everyone is going to receive a minimum of a 5% raise.

If your regular hours work you into shift that receives shift differential you get the differential. The number of hours you worked in an evening shift and midnight shift will not be seperated. You will receive the midnight shift differential. Also, concerning shift differential, if you take off from a shift that gets dfor a period of time you still get your shift differential regardless of how many days you worked that week.

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

The Sheriff also told me that within 30 days he would meet with me to discuss the possibility of raising the side job rate of pay.

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
    Thanks for the info Bain but do you think it's fair for an eight year veteran to only be raised up to what a one year deputy is going to make? And it's nice that civilians get $150 and $200 a month shift differencial but is that fair compared to what patrol got? And as far as the off duty hourly raise, the sheriff already said he's not going to.....let me quote....."strong arm" the businesses in this county for fear of loosing votes! The sheriff wouldn't need to worry about off duty rates if we made a decent salary. I think it's his own orientation class for new recruits that tells newbys not to depend on off duty for their living beacause it could go away and they don't need to depend on it always being there. It's an endles battle for deputies and you know it! We'll never get what's fair and as far as the comment the chief made....why did PBA stand for that kind of comment without demanding a public apology to patrol. We pay our dues every month not only for legal protection but to be our voice and to stand up for what's right for us. We see nothing more than bowing down under pressure. By the way, another post mentioned Tuarts' 5.4 million allocation from property taxes for raises compared to the 3.4 million that was given, how about an answer for that. Seems no one responded with an answer, is that something that was just more BS or was that 2 million used for more hurricane toys?

From the PBA website:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
    Yes and what about the "major pay raises" for the directors, have they agreed to put on a uniform and work the streets and put themselves in "harms way" or do they get to stay safely behind the walls of the administration building and not worry about what waits for them around the next corner!

Promises made....Promise kept ...for me to poop on

My math may be off just a little, but on average an 8-9 year deputy currently makes about 32,500.00. So add the 5% roughly 1625. your at 34,195.

rookies make 32,895 ? so for your loyalty you make rougly 85 cent more an hour than someone who has been here since breakfast?

at this rate we need to raise the side job fee to 478 dollars per hour.

Why don't you answer Bain!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy
    From the PBA website:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
    Thanks for the info Bain but do you think it's fair for an eight year veteran to only be raised up to what a one year deputy is going to make? And it's nice that civilians get $150 and $200 a month shift differencial but is that fair compared to what patrol got? And as far as the off duty hourly raise, the sheriff already said he's not going to.....let me quote....."strong arm" the businesses in this county for fear of loosing votes! The sheriff wouldn't need to worry about off duty rates if we made a decent salary. I think it's his own orientation class for new recruits that tells newbys not to depend on off duty for their living beacause it could go away and they don't need to depend on it always being there. It's an endles battle for deputies and you know it! We'll never get what's fair and as far as the comment the chief made....why did PBA stand for that kind of comment without demanding a public apology to patrol. We pay our dues every month not only for legal protection but to be our voice and to stand up for what's right for us. We see nothing more than bowing down under pressure. By the way, another post mentioned Tuarts' 5.4 million allocation from property taxes for raises compared to the 3.4 million that was given, how about an answer for that. Seems no one responded with an answer, is that something that was just more BS or was that 2 million used for more hurricane toys?
    PBA members are waiting for your response Bain! You must waiting for the Sheriff to return from hunting this weekend so he can tell you what to say! Does the name "Judas" ring a bell!

Re: Why don't you answer Bain!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy
    From the PBA website:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
    PBA members are waiting for your response Bain! You must waiting for the Sheriff to return from hunting this weekend so he can tell you what to say! Does the name "Judas" ring a bell!
    Mike Kunart wasn't liked either but at least he was a "thorn in the Sheriffs side" and not an "ace in his pocket!"
    Another P O'ed Deputy!

Did you call him yet?

Did you call him yet?
    Good point.

Better still call Philip Nix; he will know the answer and is anxiously awaiting member's calls.

James O' Hara, Alan Miller and the rest of the board should have the answer also. Call them.

Bain is just one person and can't do everything. Neither could you.

Open for response....

Did you call him yet?
    Good point.

Better still call Philip Nix; he will know the answer and is anxiously awaiting member's calls.

James O' Hara, Alan Miller and the rest of the board should have the answer also. Call them.

Bain is just one person and can't do everything. Neither could you.
    This was an open question for anyone who knew to answer. Evidently they don't care enough to respond and besides they are probably left in the dark like the rest of us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast