Raises - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raises

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    What does the PBA have to do with how the money got broken down?
    Well it could be that the PBA is there to fight for what is right for its' members, not to just provide you with an attorney if you get in trouble!
    Again, more whining without suggestions. What do you want the PBA to do specifically?
    How about a new PBA president who won't sell himself out, who remembers where he came from and will go to bat for the troops and not bow down to the higher ups! And yes I do remember we have a PBA election coming up, so does everyone else!

I highly suggest you run. You have so many good ideas.

You have the right to your opinion........BUT you do not know what Bain and I and others sat through during negoiations. We do not have a say of how the money is dispersed. But like the other poster said "Come on down, jump in if you think you can do a better job, step up put your name to something......But I don't think you do. Because if you did, you would put your name of it, but you hide behind anonymity. Again you do have the right to you opinion. James O'Hara

I'll remain anonymous, but I commend James for stepping up to the plate and identifying himself while defending what he thinks was the right thing to do. I don't really know Bain, nor do I know the most of the other PBA members, but I do know James O'Hara, and I've never thought that he was out for himself in the sense that many other PBA board members have been in the past.

That said, James...understand their mistrust. Understand their pain. Understand that they are sick of seeing political appointees (favors) go from making 30 something thousand to 75ish thousand in a do nothing job. Remember that they don't understand why vehicle mechanics make more than they do while they're out getting their asses beaten or shot at while admin (and mechanics) sleep at night.

I don't know what you can do about it. All that I can suggest is that PBA let the Sheriff know in no uncertain terms that the rank and file are tired of it and that he won't get their support until it stops. Remind him that Charlie Johnson wasn't beaten by the public but by hundreds of deputies who worked diligently to get his butt out of office before we all left. Remind him that Jim Lowman was well thougth of by most of us...but his admin was not. They cost Jim Lowman his job.

Tell him. Hopefully he'll listen. If he doesn't, then he can only blame himself, because it won't be the Aretys and David Craigs or CLEO or killing a deer that beat him. He'll beat himself if he doesn't have his departments support. And from what I'm hearing he doesn't right now.

i don't know why everyone is complaining about getting 5%. we voted for him and he got us more money and he will give us another 5% 4 years from now after we get him elected again.

thank you ronnie. thank you bain.

sincerely,
    ~waiting for 2011 so i can get my next 5%!

I'll remain anonymous, but I commend James for stepping up to the plate and identifying himself while defending what he thinks was the right thing to do. I don't really know Bain, nor do I know the most of the other PBA members, but I do know James O'Hara, and I've never thought that he was out for himself in the sense that many other PBA board members have been in the past.

That said, James...understand their mistrust. Understand their pain. Understand that they are sick of seeing political appointees (favors) go from making 30 something thousand to 75ish thousand in a do nothing job. Remember that they don't understand why vehicle mechanics make more than they do while they're out getting their asses beaten or shot at while admin (and mechanics) sleep at night.

I don't know what you can do about it. All that I can suggest is that PBA let the Sheriff know in no uncertain terms that the rank and file are tired of it and that he won't get their support until it stops. Remind him that Charlie Johnson wasn't beaten by the public but by hundreds of deputies who worked diligently to get his butt out of office before we all left. Remind him that Jim Lowman was well thougth of by most of us...but his admin was not. They cost Jim Lowman his job.

Tell him. Hopefully he'll listen. If he doesn't, then he can only blame himself, because it won't be the Aretys and David Craigs or CLEO or killing a deer that beat him. He'll beat himself if he doesn't have his departments support. And from what I'm hearing he doesn't right now.
    You are absolutely correct!!! I know both James and Bain. James is a good hearted guy, always has been. He is out for everyone, not just himself. On the other hand, Bain, out for one person..BAIN. James I wish you could step up and tell the other board members they have to do something. Phil, your out for Phil. This department SUCKS!!!! the morale is the lowest I've seen it in 14 years. Road deputies are getting screwed all over. what if the road deputies quit..... warrants- are you gonna give up your extra money to come out on the streets? Investigations... are you gonna give up your extra money ??? I think not!!! PBA is worth nothing. save your money each week and get out. Don't you know that is what the sheriff wants. He wants to break PBA. Hes doing a great job. Whos is next to get promoted? How about MW.... you are on the board, your Rex's little buddy.... yEP you are next... BG how about we give you 15% raise. James....open your eyes can't you see whats going on all around you.

Your mouth is still running and you still haven't had one suggestion. Why don't you get on the board?

I guess if you're a PBA board member you forfeit the right to get promoted in your eyes. Whatever. You say you know Bain. You may know of him, but you don't know him if you truly believe the conspiracy b.s. You crack me up because now that MH is in intel you think he is Rex's boy. TH had the job prior and it didn't help him.

You are a sad person. I imagine you as a 10-15 year deputy who never did anything to get ahead. You've definately never been promoted. You've never been in a specialized unit but you've probably tried to get in one. You're probably not married, maybe divorced. You feel that you are always the victim, under Johnson, Lowman, and now McNesby. You are under the delusion that there is a perfect agency. You sit back and point your finger at others who try to do the best they can and criticize them so you don't have to point at yourself for doing nothing. Please quit talking about leaving and go. I'm sure there are tons of departments who could your suggestions. Oh I forgot. You have none.

here's something to think about

we got a 5% raise, but the CPI for last year rose 2.5% so actually we only got a 2.5% raise. guess it's better than nothing.

Re: here's something to think about

we got a 5% raise, but the CPI for last year rose 2.5% so actually we only got a 2.5% raise. guess it's better than nothing.
    Actually, some experts put the CPI closer to 6% and Angora Research has the true numbers between 7% and 8%. If you factor in shelter (housing) at 4.6%, the numbers start pushing 10% to 11%. Maybe the union reps should have done some research.

Re: here's something to think about

Actually, some experts put the CPI closer to 6% and Angora Research has the true numbers between 7% and 8%. If you factor in shelter (housing) at 4.6%, the numbers start pushing 10% to 11%. Maybe the union reps should have done some research.
    They did try to do research but it was hard to concentrate on the report while getting blown by a crime scene tech. It's ok though, they're only friends.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234