Raises
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raises

Raises

Well guys, if you want a substantial raise I would advise quitting the department and re-applying cause it looks like our promised raise is turning into a few crumbs left over to be swepted up after all the different department directors get their salaries raised to $75,000.00 base pay! Yes! I said $75,000.00, "HOW ABOUT THAT!!"

High risk deputies..........$32,000.00

No risk administrators.....Priceless!!

Just a couple of examples............

Willie Smalls
    Salary: $35,000.00(close approximate)
    Raise to: $75,000.00
    DIFFERENCE: $40,000.00

Dean Anderson
    Salary: $50,000.00(very close approximate)
    Raise to: $75,000.00
    DIFFERENCE: $25,000.00

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder "our" percentages keep going down..down...down and compression sucks!

Veteran deputies, better off to quit and come back, starting pay $32,000,00. Our measly 3 to 5 percent might push most of us just under starting pay. No "FREAKING WONDER!" we have lost so many good deputies and will to continue to loose more. "PBA WHERE ARE YOU?" and don't use the excuse about this not being a contract issue, it's a pay issue with the Sheriff and the County Commission and it's time for us to flex a little muscle (which I wonder if we even have) and show strength and unity, isn't that what PBA is supposed to be. George Tuart proclaimed back in October that 5.4 million from property taxes was allocated for our raises, the county commission just approved 3.4 million for our raises, where is the other 2 million, whose pocket is it going into? Something doesn't smell good! Yep! just figured out where the smell came from.....we just got sh#t on again!!!!

Guys, there is power in numbers. You have to get together on this. The administration is counting on you guys not being organized on this issue. Just think what would happen if there were no deputies on the street to respond to calls. I guess the administrators would have to reprioritize things a bit.

Raises

Your friends at RMPT support the Morgan plan for deputy raises. The money has been promised for too long and always seems to go to top management when any of it appears. You put your lives on the line. You deserve the appropriate pay in return. You should charge the sheriff & Touart with 100's of counts of resisting without violence for lying to the police.

well we cant stike thats not an option and the citizens do not deserve that.
    According to the escambiaso.com webpage it says today that minimum deputy pay is just over 36,000 !

so hopefully they will atleast give us veterans the minimum pay.

I think you are miscalculating...the web site does not say the pay is $36k. It says is it 15.05/her, which is less than 32k.

Re: Raises

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    Your friends at RMPT support the Morgan plan for deputy raises. The money has been promised for too long and always seems to go to top management when any of it appears. You put your lives on the line. You deserve the appropriate pay in return. You should charge the sheriff & Touart with 100's of counts of resisting without violence for lying to the police.
    No disrespect to you Sam but elections are just under two years away. These raises are happening now! What are we(alot of good deputies) supposed to do? Broken promises are becoming to often now and alot of us have options that we are going to have to exercise. Is it fair to the people of this county that they have to suffer a mass exodus of good deputies because of an administraion that only cares about it's "buddies" and not the people it was elected to protect? It's not, but our so called PBA won't address the problem they say it's not a contract issue. I bet the general puplic would think it's an issue especially when thy find out the crime rate is up, I don't care what RM says, it's going up! The money that is offered ony attracts inexperienced young deputies who are looking for an opportunity to gain experience then they too move on after their eyes get opened up. Don't get me wrong, the young guys are great but there's a revolving door open at the SO now and the county is losing good people. Get a copy of our latest PBA contract and see just how patrol deputies faired! They got a whopping 3/4 of an hour shift differential compensation if they worked evenings or 1.5 of an hour for night shift to be paid in comp time. If you do the math, the evening shift equates to about .00625 cent for 1 hour of work, then they only want to comp that out! Willie Smalls' raise will equate out to about $19.23 "an hour" (INCREASE MIND YOU!) and Dean Anderson about $24.04 an hour increase. Then when Larry Smith had the gall to say that our $50.00 a year shoe allowance was enough "to buy one boot" then laugh about it!!! That showed about how low his intelligence level is and how important patrol is to the administration. So Sam, yes promise "may" be on the horizon but it's going to be to late. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Get you a copy of the contract, it's interesting. Maybe you know someone at PNJ who would like to do an inside story on the mountain of BS at the SO!

Pay Raises

No offense taken. We hate being right about predictions like the broken pay promises. RMPT regrets that the sheriff and chief deputy think so little of their sworn personnel. NOW is always more important than the future but we trust you'll remember who did this to you when the election comes around.

This was removed from the Escambia Sheriff's Office website. It is being posted here for those who missed it and in case it changes.

Quote Originally Posted by shove your 5 percent
    This was removed from the Escambia Sheriff's Office website. It is being posted here for those who missed it and in case it changes.

Nothing but propaganda to me until I see it in my bank account I'll never beleive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy
    I think you are miscalculating...the web site does not say the pay is $36k. It says is it 15.05/her, which is less than 32k.
    ok i may have misread it. sorry. but according to this scale it says 36k for deputy pay. maybe its pesos.

This is a major step foward, so if it really happens thanks to the sheriff. Lets just hope for moral that 10 year veterans who do not even make 36k now, get bumped up above this new minimum pay.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast