Hiring Information
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hiring Information

Hello,

I am interested in working as a road deputy with OCSO. What is the overall morale of the department? Good FTO's Program?

Thank,s

It is a very good department, and as a whole the morale is excellent! The FTO program is excellent too, there is six weeks of classroom instruction, and fourteen weeks of riding with an FTO.

Thanks for the information.

Hello I am wondering if OCSO is currently hiring for Patrol Deputies?

As far as I know they are...they are currently training a class of 11 people, and I think they are starting another one in a few months. The class sizes vary from class to class...I think OCSO is down quite a few road deputies so they will still be hiring for awhile.

Thanks I plan to apply. I am assuming they hire/sponsor non-certified applicants.

I'm not positive on that...I think they do sponsor if you qualify. I'm not sure what the qualifications are. They do hire mostly pre-certified officers though.

Yes, OCSO sponsors.

Apparently, 60 more deputies will be hired (over attrition) in the next 6-12 months.

Pay is kinda low isn't it??? I mean orlando is not one of the safest cities around or the cheapest. Why do you start your certified deps so low?? I heard that you've lost a lot of deps b/c of low pay & bad contracts.

How much weight is given to already certified officers with experience. I have 5 years in the state system, with just a high school diploma.

Do I have a good shot? Is your PAT test the same as the state?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast