FL DOT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL DOT

FL DOT

Hello, I'm thinking about going through the FL DOT hiring process, I was invited to tryout next month for a PAT test. But I was wondering I have a masters degree and is there any way I can make higher than 31 -34k with a masters degree? Any more information about the DOT will help. Thanks and God Bless.

Negative on the higher pay for the Masters degree.

You will be paid for the Bachelors, zero for the masters.

Kind of made it worth the effort didn't it? :lol:

Okay Thanks for the answer. Do you know how much extra you get paid for a bachelors degree, like is there a set salary or set amount of money your paid extra for the starting salary, Thanks and God Bless.

bachelor's degree gets $80 a month I believe. The total one can get from the trust funded additions between education and advanced training I believe is $130.

masters degree

You have a Masters Degree an you wanna weigh trucks? I gotta ask...Whats this degree in?

i know its not worth it, but actually the combination of your b.a. will get you 120 a month. one 40 block of approved training will get you to the 130 max. thats why i never went for my masters. you pay roughly 12,000 dollars for it and you get no extra pay and it wont get you promoted. actually in my experience it will hinder you. this agency promotes a high rate of people w/out much if any higher education. they dont want thinkers supervising, they want yes men.

clarification

sorry, i meant to say in the last post that the combination of your assoc. and bach. will get you 120 a month.

i believe it will only get you 80.00.

I dont believe I know, I do know since I get the money. For a B.A. alone its 80. If you have a combination of an Assoc. and a Bachelors it is worth 120 a month.

well excuse me for not going to some crappy c.c. first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast