Good Department?

Good Department?

Can anyone tell me how they like Louisville Metro?

Louisville Metro

I like it here. It is a semi-large department with the usuall problems that go along with that but all in all it is not a bad place to work.

Certification.

Need some help gang. I bought some property in your area and I was wanting to know if KY excepts FL LEO certifications or if I have to do the academy all over again. Help an old Road Dog learn a new trick, THANKS in advance.

Re: Certification.

Quote Originally Posted by Una Stamus
    Need some help gang. I bought some property in your area and I was wanting to know if KY excepts FL LEO certifications or if I have to do the academy all over again. Help an old Road Dog learn a new trick, THANKS in advance.

Yes Kentucky does but L'ville has there own Academy.

Leo Certification

Kentucky offers a Basic Equivilency Examination, which a certified Florida Officer challenge the test. I took the exam in 1996. Generally speaking one may need to re-train on one of the many categories of the exam. Usually most need to take the Kentucky Penal Code Law section. My suggestion is contact the Criminal Justice Academy in Richmond and see what the current requirements are presently. The staff is very easy to work with. Good luck...........