Alcohol Enforcement Policy - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I ask myself, what has you as an individual contributed

I think that would be.....

What "have" you as an individual contributed

Practice what you preach before speaking against others

I agree, and if I had the information to give the director I would. How can he know if he is not told.

At lease we are able to make arrests for alcohol again. This board id some good in that area.

There is always the press too. Someone posted the name of a reporter as well as, his information a couple of months back. I checked this guy out and he is legitimate. I am sure that there is someone with the Tallahassee Democrat that is willing to play too.

It would be amazing what could happen if the paper found out about intoxicated district commanders driving their state vehicles and attending the firing range. Especially when nearly the entier district knows it. How many chances does a person get?

The list goes on and on and on.....

Let's not forget the impact that it had on DOC a couple of years back.

Re: Come on Henry

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCourage
    I thought Charlie (Tom W.) was putting someone in charge that was going to make changes in your organization. Well it looks as if 1 and 2 are gone now it is time to get rid of some others! A good start would be to get rid of the skipper, little buddy and Marianne. Then Henry needs to move over to bow flex, his hall monitor and start with a new group of leaders. The old upper management team is infected with a bad management, bad morals, bad ethics and the list is to extensive to type.

Good Luck! ops:
    Don't jump to conclusions! Henry has already made some good decisions in his 1st week....the AD selection will be pretty telling. Step back and give him a chance to make informed decisions. The rat's nest 3 sticks created can't be dissembled in a day.

missed one

8)

Re: Code of Ethics

Quote Originally Posted by grudge boy
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChief
    Please send us a memorandum telling us what we can enforce. We are tired of being told what not to enforce by management. Why don't you read your little code of ethics YOU always forget about! ops:

2-1.5 CODE OF ETHICS

The division’s Code of Ethics shall read as follows:

As a sworn member of the Division of Law Enforcement, my fundamental duty is to serve humankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all people to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and in deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of the Department of Environmental Protection. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or what is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecutions of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession…law enforcement.
    "I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, predjudices, animosities, or friendships influence my decisions". Wow, Mr. Ethics! You have:

Withheld new patrol vehicles from a district one year because you were mad with the captain - another district got twice their allotment;

Picked somebody ( a friend) from the bottom of the list for a promotion;

Insisted on investigations of officers because you personally dislike them because they have filed grievances;

Refused to investigate or handle wrongdoing of your illicitly appointed friends - to wit, giving false statements, working radar while wearing apparel identifying themself as being with another agency;

Wasting money on a new facility when it isn't needed;

The list goes on. You've become accustomed to the 3 sticks sheriff type of management which basically does whatever it wants, regardless of ethical considerations.

Oh, and lets not forget about keeping your personal life "unsullied". Philandering is a sin. If both people involved tell others about it, it ain't a secret. Untouchable.

ops:

:idea: oh the humanity!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234