Tinted Windows
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tinted Windows

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Tinted Windows

Wouldn't it be nice since we live in Sunny FL to have tinted windows on our cruisers??? Voice your opinion here with no fear of retrobution.....

My agency won't allow window tinted because it places you away from the public. You aren't accessible to the public behind those dark windows.

Lather up with SPF 45 and deal with it.

Tell your Sheriff to get with the program GZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ tinted windows thats pretty common in all agencies now

Where are you located "Sunburned"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburned
    My agency won't allow window tinted because it places you away from the public. You aren't accessible to the public behind those dark windows.

Lather up with SPF 45 and deal with it.

Local

I live and work in Citrus County.

FYI,I don't work for the S.O. but for a state agency.

What I said is the response I got from my brass when I posed the same question about my vehicle.

Hey fellas,

I agree with crimefighter, an aspect you should consider and adminstration sounds very old school or Good 'Ol Boys, is that mentality doesn't work anymore. LEO's need to be stealthy which is hard enough to do in a marked unit. However, If bad guys can't tell or the public that we are definitely sitting in that car running or not then we have the advantage. According to Stop & Frisk you can't move a suspect from the scene of a crime till he's been positively identified so are you confortable with having witnesses or victims identify a suspect from the backseat of you cruiser with no tint??? The bottomline is the public at large would rather not cooperate without some form of anonymity at the time of a crime. Dawsy and others have this old mentality of let the public see who's taking the ride which is old school BS excuse because he and others have tint on there vehicles both personal and work. Look at warrants,k-9 and even one of the feaking volunteers has tint. Mike and mechanics are for the idea for easier maint. on the A/C compressors. Tons of agencies even little old Yankeetown.

The point here is fellas I would pay for it out of pocket If Jeff doesn't want to break his million dollar budget to help us out. It's a tax right off anyway and with the length of time that you are assigned a cruiser around here it would be a great investment. Just a thought and an opinion which doesn't seem to mean awhole lot around here. I wish yo guys luck with the issue.

Where i have worked in the past was it was your car do what you want, CD players, Satelite radios, tint, strobes, LEDS as long as it doesn't interfere with installed equipment or fry it out.....

window tint

I have legally tinted windows on my patrol car (I gladly paid for it myself) and it's helps a GREAT deal in this nasty heat! All of my personal cars have had tint for years now and so have my patrol cars. I couldn't imagine not having window tint. Easy for your staff to say you can't have tinited windows when they're sitting all day in the nice comfortable a/c behind their desks (when they're not on the golf course or posing for photos for the local press). That's nuts.

Re: window tint

Quote Originally Posted by Polk Deputy
    I have legally tinted windows on my patrol car (I gladly paid for it myself) and it's helps a GREAT deal in this nasty heat! All of my personal cars have had tint for years now and so have my patrol cars. I couldn't imagine not having window tint. Easy for your staff to say you can't have tinited windows when they're sitting all day in the nice comfortable a/c behind their desks (when they're not on the golf course or posing for photos for the local press). That's nuts.
    "That's nuts."[/quote]

"no that's Citrus for you brother"......

We tint all of our cars before we assign them out. This way every car is tinted correctly and not by some discount place that uses cheap tint. Keeps the cops cool in the cars and also affords some privacy. By tinting them at the same place, we get a volume discount and also keep the receipt in case the job goes bad so we can get them redone under warranty.

Also, the cars look great with the tinted windows.

Quote Originally Posted by southflaleo
    We tint all of our cars before we assign them out. This way every car is tinted correctly and not by some discount place that uses cheap tint. Keeps the cops cool in the cars and also affords some privacy. By tinting them at the same place, we get a volume discount and also keep the receipt in case the job goes bad so we can get them redone under warranty.

Also, the cars look great with the tinted windows.
    It pays i mean really pays to work South instead of in the sticks, all the Good 'Ol Boys have no idea what benefits lie with window tint, collective bargaining, and an agency that works with troops. CCSO listens then laughs but unless you are part of administration then its what benefits them, typical politics, i guess thats why they fear unionization afraid of change and professionalism for all instead of those who are puppets.....

We envy you boys South, which is why Admin. here is so damn harsh on transplants moving up....

BSAFE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast