NEW CONTRACT
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW CONTRACT

NEW CONTRACT

Any idea what's going to be proposed on our next contract?

FOP meetings are the third Thursday of every month at 6:00pm... Everyone is encouraged to attend. Topics like this are discussed there...

it only takes an hour to get the meeting going, then another hour for someone to step up and lead it

Contract Negotiations

Just a reminder to the newer guys, I've been here for 10 years and we have always sacrificed pay for benefits. I think it's about time to push for money on this contract. The people who negotiate our contract are close to retirement and don't mind sacrificing the pay for pension benefits they are about to receive. The newer guys get stuck paying for those benefits over several years in the form of raised pension contributions and mediocre raises. Not a knock on our negotiatiors or the Union, they have really done a great job over the past 6 years with respect to increasing our pension benefits, but now it's time for a solid raise. We can negotiate the pension benefits the next go around.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SHOW ME THE MONEY.

When I started in the mid-70's, the majority lived for today (raise) and forgot about the rest (Pension, medical, etc). Davie became a revolving door as officers with an eye to the future wanted to be able to retire at a low enough age to enjoy life and to be able to afford it. Not many officers today would want to retire on a 2% multiplier, and have to wait till they were in their 60's to get it. BE glad that officers finally began looking to the future. Today's officers are reaping the benefit

contract

First of all, this is my first post and you can tell by my screename who I am. To answer Daviecop's assertion that it is only about pension benefits because the board is made up of short-timers, you are wrong. With the exception of the President, each board member has 2-3 more contracts to work under.

The next thing I would like to address is what we want in the contract. Just so you are aware of, out of the 170+ wish lists that were distributed, only 28 were returned. This my friend is pathetic!! What that says is that 28 people will decide the benefits for 172 bargaining members.

I know that it sometimes is a pain in the ass to attend the meetings, but if we are not a strong union, we will not have the power to bargain (or fight) for good benefits.

We have made it very easy for attendance of the meetings. 1-by holding them after detail sign-ups and 2- giving a trip (by drawing)to DC for those attending 8 meetings.

This to me is part of the problem that we have. Too many of us are into our own little world and couldn't give a sh*t about the contracts until we realize that we don't get what we think we deserve.

If you want to ***** and complain about the contract then show up at the meetings!

p.s. FREE PIZZA!!

I have to agree with davie634, it is imparative that all members attend the union meetings. If you do not want these so called short timers making decisions about your future benefits, then attend the meetings and have your voice heard.

Nothing is more frustrating then people that complain about something and then refuse to take the steps necessary to effect change. Or those who want to change things yet offer no constructive ideas.

These next several months, many important decisions are going to be made by the union. It is time to attend the meetings and put your two cents worth in.

Here's a suggestion. Allow the on duty officers that wish to attend to do so. As long as calls aren't holding let them sit in.

The last I knew, if calls were not holding, you can attend the meeting. But it is incumbant upon you to have the common sense to clear and respond to calls instead of ignoring your radio.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast