banquet - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: banquet

Quote Originally Posted by Well
    I really don't want to hear about guy cops who wont talk to other females when they are at the banquet with their wives. I saw a female cop who is married to another cop hang all over other men. To me that is just as bad if not worse. Alcohol is no excuse to anyone. Learn to respect each other and their wives. It is really not that hard to be a mature adult. By the way if you know a cop is married why would you belittle yourself to hang all over him, knowing he is married. Two wrongs do not make it right.
    Well spoken "WELL". very funny did I expect anything else from the "guest who used the "WIFEY" comment. I swear that person is sick it is as if SHE wants the world to see why she hates men......see see they are all alike I can get a man to do anything......maybe you can, you "over achiever" (lol) maybe you can get a man to do anything but you will never keep him. Please do keep your pathetic comments coming. Apparently you are entertaining someone. PS what you have have, all of us women were equiped with, you aren't special (despite what ALL THOSE MEN HAVE TOLD YOU) you just maybe use yours a little more. Good one......no wait I'll pat myself on the back for ya! Oh and "WELL", I do agree there are some women out there that are just as bad as the men this "guest" is talking about but I try to live by those in a glass house shall not throw stones..........life lesson very young on........

Wow, a lot of comments on the banquet this year! This is a little ironic since the husband and I had a lengthy discussion on how everyone kept it pretty together this year. Compared to the debauchery of years past I was thoroughly impressed with everyone’s behavior this year. We've been going for a llloooonnnggg time and some of the Biltmore years were insane! A good time was definitely had by us. I guess we must have left the after party too early.

Quote Originally Posted by See No Evil, Hear No Evil
    Oh...ok - you just close your eyes and believe what you'd like to believe. I must have pushed your button, and certainly not on purpose. I very, very simply made an observation and made a comment based on my observation. I could close my eyes and pretend. Yet in police work, that doesn't work.

You just believe what you want to believe there Hon, keep your eyes closed, cover your ears too. I used the term "Wifey" because someone who iS a wife used that as their user name in another post. PERIOD - No insecurity, no jealousy, nothing. See what happens when you arse/u/me? When even you admit that what I have made a comment on thru observation has happened in the past - you just keep the faith that it's not happening any longer - just like we all think the last drug arrest will be the last, and the last hooker arrest will be the last. I'm not a sad person, I'm a 'trained observer'. I detect a little hostility there in your post - hit too close to home did I?
    lol what is "arse/u/me"? no you just seem like you like to stir the pot like you love to bring other peoples mistakes to light to make yourself feel good. Did it make you feel good when someone copped a feel, (no pun intended) on you and the guy was married? WINNER WINNER CHIECKEN DINNER. hey loser....he still went home with his wife!

Because the software catches curse words, it looks like the previous writer meant to write a-s-s/u/me. You might be a little young to have ever heard of the term "When you assume, you make an a-s-s out of you and me".

Yet, what is a "chiecken"? How your FTO allowed you to pass the grammer part of report writing, we will never know.

Give me a break. The party was great. No fights, no complaints from the hotel staff or other hotel guests. Yeah, a lot of people were intoxicated, but it was not that bad. A little funny, that's about it. So what! At least those people chose to be responsible and had a room at the hotel. They also used the limo service, which was great thinking from the FOP.

Some of these comments on this message board are ridiculous. If you are that offended about the frat games and drinking, do not go to the after party next year, or just mind your own business. Come on people, I agree with a previous post, which stated this is why we do not have squad parties and other events. I think people are looking for dirt, which is not there.

Good job by the FOP.

This is sooooooo entertaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Give me a break. The party was great. No fights, no complaints from the hotel staff or other hotel guests. Yeah, a lot of people were intoxicated, but it was not that bad. A little funny, that's about it. So what! At least those people chose to be responsible and had a room at the hotel. They also used the limo service, which was great thinking from the FOP.

Some of these comments on this message board are ridiculous. If you are that offended about the frat games and drinking, do not go to the after party next year, or just mind your own business. Come on people, I agree with a previous post, which stated this is why we do not have squad parties and other events. I think people are looking for dirt, which is not there.

Good job by the FOP.
    yes I agree I am merely pointing out though that this person who wrote in stating this cop did this and this cop did that at the banquet and won't act this way in front of his wife, blah blah blah.......SHE is stirring the pot. Yes people make mistakes but is it her responsiblity to bring it to everyone elses attention because she can't get enough attention on her own? People there were just trying to enjoy themselves. Yes some people went a little overboard BUT get over it.........have you never seen this kind of behavior before? Come on I thought you were the "female" cop who had been there (that's what I heard) done that. Grow up, quit pointing out everyone else's flaws/mistakes and examine your own pig sty. You are the one flirting around with the married cops who you can't be yourself in front of their wives. You are making a mockery of the rest of the women police officers who do take their job seriously......oh wait but they have their own husbands and families to go home to........

Whoa, whoa, whoa

Alright everybody, detract claws.

I have a few comments to make. First of all, we had a great time! Thank-you to the board and everyone for a wonderful evening. Like the last poster, we've gone to the banquet for many, many years... about 10.

My highlights this year were the board surprising Mrs. Prez. So sweet! She was gracious and humble in her speech.
    Watching the officers receive their awards and always deflecting the glory, stating they were doing their job. Makes me so proud to be married to a LEO and that he works with such fine officers.
    Of course "Ice, Ice, Baby", it's become a CPD banquet tradition. And "Grease" is the word!

Now onto the issues of marriage. Marriage is hard work. That fairy tale garbage they feed us as little girls, it's all lies. Even though I love my husband with every fiber of my being AND I know we have a very good relationship, it is work. No one's perfect, everyone has problems and issues. That said, you have to have trust. For some people that takes time because of our upbringing or our past.
    But, not everyone has a faithful spouse. But just because there are SOME men and women that cheat, it does not mean that ALL men and women cheat. It's wrong to tell every wife her head is in the sand because she trusts her husband. Some women, when they've been betrayed, write all men off as cheaters. This just is NOT TRUE. There are really wonderful, faithful guys at our PD and probably at every PD. But once and for all, not all cops are cheaters!

Lastly, I registered this name because it's too easy to 'shoot off a comment' under 'guest' or some other name. I'm proud to be 'wifeyto1goodcop'. I'm also going out on a limb and posting my real name. So, be nice.

Everyone be safe! And for those w/kids, see you at the Easter party.

~TWhite

Re: Whoa, whoa, whoa

none

Re: Whoa, whoa, whoa

Quote Originally Posted by wifeyto1goodcop
    Doh! I wasn't logged in. :shock:

Now I am. 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Alright everybody, detract claws.

I have a few comments to make. First of all, we had a great time! Thank-you to the board and everyone for a wonderful evening. Like the last poster, we've gone to the banquet for many, many years... about 10.

My highlights this year were the board surprising Mrs. Prez. So sweet! She was gracious and humble in her speech.
    Watching the officers receive their awards and always deflecting the glory, stating they were doing their job. Makes me so proud to be married to a LEO and that he works with such fine officers.
    Of course "Ice, Ice, Baby", it's become a CPD banquet tradition. And "Grease" is the word!

Now onto the issues of marriage. Marriage is hard work. That fairy tale garbage they feed us as little girls, it's all lies. Even though I love my husband with every fiber of my being AND I know we have a very good relationship, it is work. No one's perfect, everyone has problems and issues. That said, you have to have trust. For some people that takes time because of our upbringing or our past.
    But, not everyone has a faithful spouse. But just because there are SOME men and women that cheat, it does not mean that ALL men and women cheat. It's wrong to tell every wife her head is in the sand because she trusts her husband. Some women, when they've been betrayed, write all men off as cheaters. This just is NOT TRUE. There are really wonderful, faithful guys at our PD and probably at every PD. But once and for all, not all cops are cheaters!

Lastly, I registered this name because it's too easy to 'shoot off a comment' under 'guest' or some other name. I'm proud to be 'wifeyto1goodcop'. I'm also going out on a limb and posting my real name. So, be nice.

Everyone be safe! And for those w/kids, see you at the Easter party.

~TWhite
    so as I started off saying. please do not throw stones when you live in a glass house. There were no claws in that statement I just hope that the "person" who felt the need to start downing the "disrespectful male cops" and laughing at them and their respective wives gets it that we love our husbands and yes I agree with you wifeyto1goodcop marriage is hard work even without all the negative comments from within the PD, people who are suppose to be your brothers and respect you and those you love. Can't we just all "try" to get along. It is so dissappointing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast