banquet - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: banquet

You are kinda funny. Why do you have to try and start stuff?

I just love how people hide behind their made up names and come here and try to egg people on.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Work is work and fun is fun. Some people actually want to spend their fun time w/their wife or girlfriend.

The Men in Blue sure " Got Stewed " :)

Well.. I'm glad it all stayed contained, no 10-50s from other agencies on y'all, and everyone still worked for CPD the next day.

COM CTR

Not trying to start anything - just know how it is the other 364 days of the year when everyone isn't all dressed up and drinking and prendtending to be something their not 1 day out of the year. Like I said, sure we have fun - but when you work with a certain group months at a time, and 1 night out of the year they pretend to be something they're not.

Everyone knows the guys that prefer not to have their wives involved in things becaue they don't want them to know what actually goes on. It's safe to bring them to a party once a year when the booze is flowing cuz you can always blame someone's comment on "Oh, he/she was just drunk and didn't know what they were saying"

Some people DO actually want to spend time with their wife and girlfriend - 1 night a year they're in the same room, at the same time your right!!! :lol:

Funny

Funny how most of us knew what the comments on the party would be before it even began. Very predictable! I think a big thank you is owed to the officers who worked, allowing the rest to attend "OUR" banquet. Great idea how all of our dues help pay for it, but all of us are not able to attend.

These posts appear to be from some fairly new officers. The old school theory of the banquet was a night for the officers and wives to get out, have a nice dinner/dancing/SOME DRINKING and reflect on the year. It was a time to joke and pay respects to the fortunate officers who won awards for their police work. Basically, a good time for some real good people. It is not a continuation of your fraternity party where you play drinking games and hit on wives and girlfriends and talk bad about your brother officers. That's just what I thought it was all about. Times have changed apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Kinda funny
    I think it's funny that once a year guys will bring their wives to the FOP Banquet - usually they don't want their wives around for fear they'll overhear something their husband has done, or the women he talks to while on duty. Then for 1 night a year, their wife comes to a party and thinks everyone gets along like that all year long. It's hysterical!

Sure we have fun this 1 night a year - but why only 1 night in 365? The wifey can come out then, but then has to go back into hiding the rest of the year - my personal favorite? The guys who normally talk to the female officers on their shift, or during a call or have Code-7 together, - but when the wife is around, Nooooo - can't talk to ya or I'll get in trouble! Talk about insecure...naw, just comical.
    what I want to know is who would write something like this? An evil insecure female police officer/possible homewrecker? Or a young evil "got nothing better to talk about because my life is dull and I have no one male officer"? Why would you call the female, "wifey", like it is something bad? Are you jealous? I mean why would you actually say that? Just to start something? Oh possible gossip? Please! Typical. I mean we love our husbands/boyfriends/signifigant others, and hope and believe that when they are at work they are working and not worrying about other women on their job. We worry enough everyday and night hoping and praying they will come back home safe to us. If you know that the male police officer is married or in a serious relationship and if I understand what you are saying to be correct, that the wife or girlfriend of the male police officer may not like what is going on between you two on the job is not acceptable then do the right thing and keep it about work. Stop the flirtations or all the gossip or whatver it is you say it is you can't and he can't do in front of his signnifigant other at the banquet. I mean you make yourself look like a fool silly girl and then you make other women all around look like fools too. Aren't women suppose to stick together? Also to the male police officers.....do you not get it? Work is work........have the higher ups so to speak not already made clear examples and ruined the lives of a few of you already who have strayed in your relationships, calling it immoral? These few men were definately made examples of and it was only because they got caught. What a shame. Do the others not get it? I am not trying to preach here but only point out what most people are beginning to think of police officers. It isn't good either. You know it because you all hesitate to tell a girl what you do for a living when a female asks you what your job is........I happen to believe in and trust my husband and hope he will do the right thing daily. So to whoever is trying to stir the pot please just stop we love our cops and hope that when they say they love us too they truly mean it. Let's give back the good name for the police officers. I sure would feel safer out there if I knew you all were doing your job and not worrying about "extra cirricular" activites like this person stated above in the quote to whom I am replying. Okay your turn go ahead insecure and fire something back immature evil and probably half true. Take away what we good hearted signifigant others know to believe and hope to be the truth. What a shame sad person.

Oh...ok - you just close your eyes and believe what you'd like to believe. I must have pushed your button, and certainly not on purpose. I very, very simply made an observation and made a comment based on my observation. I could close my eyes and pretend. Yet in police work, that doesn't work.

You just believe what you want to believe there Hon, keep your eyes closed, cover your ears too. I used the term "Wifey" because someone who iS a wife used that as their user name in another post. PERIOD - No insecurity, no jealousy, nothing. See what happens when you ass/u/me? When even you admit that what I have made a comment on thru observation has happened in the past - you just keep the faith that it's not happening any longer - just like we all think the last drug arrest will be the last, and the last hooker arrest will be the last. I'm not a sad person, I'm a 'trained observer'. I detect a little hostility there in your post - hit too close to home did I?

No matter what, "Boys will be Boys"

Next UFC fight

Screw watching the next UFC fight on payperview. I want to see these two go at it. Ding ding.

I really don't want to hear about guy cops who wont talk to other females when they are at the banquet with their wives. I saw a female cop who is married to another cop hang all over other men. To me that is just as bad if not worse. Alcohol is no excuse to anyone. Learn to respect each other and their wives. It is really not that hard to be a mature adult. By the way if you know a cop is married why would you belittle yourself to hang all over him, knowing he is married. Two wrongs do not make it right.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast