banquet - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: banquet

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmm
    It seems as though you have a problem with this female officer. Then why don't you have a talk with her in private instead of yelling on the board?? Obviously who ever this female officer was has not written in awhile. Maybe she had a change of heart. Besides there are tons of people that write on here in the heat of the moment. Also think about it. ANY one can write on this borad. It could have been a male officer writing pretending to be a female or someone who has no relation to CPD whatso ever. I am a CP wife and I saw some flirting but I am not on here making a fool of myself. Just like the others said. Trust your man and forget about everyone else.
    HMMMM just doesn't get it. enough said

Quote Originally Posted by Team Player
    Yet and from that post, most wives have been using the term Wifey. So it only bothered a certain wife. My question to you is this. If we're all on the same team, and that team has one mission, and that mission is to make a safe community for residents to live in, and on that team is a mixed member male/female ratio, and each has a mission to watch out for their team member when times are bad - then why, and I'm going out on a limb here asking this - is there animosity during a social occasion? If that officer, be it female passed the rigorous training to be my backup on a call, or cover me on an entry, why snub them at a social event? No one became an officer to be loved by all, that is true. Yet, when some here talk about 'brotherly love' - does that exclude the 'sisters' that also wear the same badge? How about that Comm Ctr 'wifey' (her term, not mine) above who said she experienced the same? Working together and being a team player only when you're being paid to? Seems like there are more issues here than what meets the keyboard. I don't believe that female (either one) was crying Boo Hoo because they were not spoken to, I believe when we gather in a 'brotherly' way and some are excluded, it is hurtful to the fellow 'brother' - or 'sister' as this case may be. JMHO
    OIC......then if they truly are just friends then they should talk to one another alone about it and clear it up that way. GET SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Lessons Learned
    What'll happen and it's already being talked about on the road is that if someone's significant other gets this bent out of shape over a party, maybe attending the function isn't a good thing and therefore won't attend another since the issue is so disturbing to the other half. So 2 things will happen, either it'll be skipped all together, or and I've already heard it said "I'll just say I have to work and go to the party instead, I get enough drama on the job, I don't need it at home too!"

A few of us are not married, and agreed that if our g/f got this bent over nothing, she wouldn't be going again. :roll:
    nice honest guys!

Re: interesting discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable
    Someone of the opposite sex got a little friendly with me, I dealt with it and walked away. It was the alcohol.. no hard feelings.
    Holy crap, Batman! Someone with some class, maturity and did her other half freak? Nah. To us guys, that's a compliment. 8)
    Duh, everything is a compliment to you guys......"Men are from Mars......."

Quote Originally Posted by Exactly
    :roll: Alright guys, this is ONE person with her panties in a twist. She has dominated the board and obviously has some issues. I guess taking the girlfriend to a banquet should be mandatory to see if she's wife material. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/u][/b]

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.[/quote]

Fantasy world eh? lol you are the one fantasizing

Enough!

:roll: Alright guys, this is ONE person with her panties in a twist. She has dominated the board and obviously has some issues. I guess taking the girlfriend to a banquet should be mandatory to see if she's wife material. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/u][/b]

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.[/quote]

Enough already! Is this topic so important to be taking up so much interest? Geez, let it go already. Move on people, there's nothing else to see here...

Re: Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by ENOUGH

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.
    Enough already! Is this topic so important to be taking up so much interest? Geez, let it go already. Move on people, there's nothing else to see here...[/quote]

We go out quite a bit and I see a lot of you all out quite a bit, (doing your thing).......what I see I keep to myself and or it is discussed amonst my hubby and I and it ends there. What you all do when you are out you have to live with and it is NOT our business so all I was trying to say about the "female officer" who was boo hooing because the male police officer would not introduce her to his wife was spreading her garbage around in hopes that others would maybe give the male LEO a hard time. She should keep her can in the garbage.....oops I'm sorry.....(lol) I mean keep her garbage in her can. Stop spreading all your woes. All of us wifey's feel sorry for you okay female police officer. Oh and by the way I recently met a female police officer and my husband introduced her to me and she was actually very sweet AND very pretty as well. Guess what they just WORK together and that's it! AMAZING!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456