Interested in TPD. Give me the lowdown please.

Interested in TPD. Give me the lowdown please.

I'm Florida certified with nearly 10 years of experience out of state. I'm interested in TPD but would like to hear from you guys, the back bone, about the good and the bad. How's the overtime? How are the private duty details? Please feel free to add any other information that you would feel is helpful for an out of state guy. Everyone's input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Overall a good agency. Very little overtime, except for court (3 hour minimum with our new contract). Lots of extra duty details. Being a minority helps your hiring / promotional chances.

Good agency...I have worked at other agencies prior to TPD and they are good...Check out the pba website for a copy of our latest contract....Not much overtime, but all the extra duty jobs you might want. Take home cars, equipment is furnished, good opportunity for assignments to Street anti-crime squad (SAC) or street-level narcotics (QUAD)..

Re: Interested in TPD. Give me the lowdown please.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing
    I'm Florida certified with nearly 10 years of experience out of state. I'm interested in TPD but would like to hear from you guys, the back bone, about the good and the bad. How's the overtime? How are the private duty details? Please feel free to add any other information that you would feel is helpful for an out of state guy. Everyone's input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    You might want to check out HCSO as well.

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/RandS/join.html

tpd

Run

Anyone that says anything negative about this department has never worked anywhere else. Yes we do have our normal *****es as every agency does. I have worked elsewhere and I can tell you this is a great department. This is the first time I have not had a desire to want to look for greener pastures. Its true the only overtime is court, but the off duty details are unlimited and you can make a lot of money. I'd venture to say that there is not many agencies including HCSO that has the off duty aval like we do. If you want ot work for a busy agency and have alot of action there's no better place to be. I would suggest you dont listen to most posts on this website as most of the posts are done by non leo's and are negative.. If you can get hired I promise you will like it..

I 2nd that....I worked at another agency and I can say that all of those that are knocking the agency havent worked somewhere else. This is a great place to work. No complaints