"And their off..."

"And their off..."

Welcome citizens, officers and fellow race fans. I like to thank you for your attendence to the "2007 Officer Race." I like to send out a special thanks to the SPPD admin for attending while the OFFICERS are settling into the gates.

FIVE seconds to the post......4...3.....2....1...."And their off"

As they file out of the gates 21yearVET(D-1,jan 2) jumps out to take the lead, running a close second is LeroyP(jan 5) and running a close third is T.V.(d-2 mids, jan 5). The rest of the field is close behind but closing into the fourth postion is LT.

....see where i'm going with this?

Any bets on the next race?

P.S. just a funny way of saying goodbye and good luck. I will stay behind to hold the rest of the races.

P.S.S. Sorry admin....dont fire me....it was just a joke...it wasn't negative by any bit...lol

I read that in my mind in the guise of a race announcer. That was funny as hell.

?

That was really funny, now get back to work and copy another late reported burglary.

I don't know about the next race, but I know many have those registration sheets filled out!

Tampa should have some full races in the next couple of months!

I'm headed south

Manatee hiring big time right now, 20 Deputies by April and more to be added. Take a look at "all" they have to offer and it isn't a bad deal for a lateral transfer, Looking down the back stretch you could pull ahead in the State Pension Plan.

Don't be so quick to jump ship and head to Manatee. The grass isn't always as green as it appears. Remember Strad Dragon. He went there and found out he couldn't make as much money. They wrote duplicate reports. You had to buy many of your own supplies, i.e. paper, pens, batteries, etc. Furnished equipment was not always the latest and greatest. Strad came back about one year later; although he then left again for somewhere else.

Where on Earth is Stratford Dragon???

I KNOW WHERE DRAGON IS!!! He is fine and well at the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. That's the place to be. The grass is greener here and we have the ship jumpers from Largo, Tarpon, Clearwater, Pinellas Park, Bellair, and St. Petersburg to prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on over boys the water is fine!!

looking for a better agency

$$ isn't everything, but it does pay the bills. If money is the top draw, you oughta do something other than law enforcement.

Like most of us, if a higher wage in law enforcement is your goal, drive thru Manatee Co and hit Sarasota Co SO. Higher pay, excellent tools/supplies, plenty of training, a supportive sheriff, and FAR less nasty crime. For a Tampa Bay agency, you can't beat it.

Money isn't everything baby

Paper = .99 cents
    Pen = .25 cents
    Ammo = 12.00 dollars
    Used take home car = free
    Being a cop again= priceless