The real truth behind the HPD badge, the lowest morale ever. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

MORALE

I BELEIVE MAYBE IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO OUTSIDE FOR ANOTHER CHIEF AND PUT HIM UNDER CONTRACT. A FRESH SET OF EYES CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
    NOW, HAVING SAID THAT HPD STILL NEEDS TO STAY UNITED. NEW OFC'S AND OLDER OFC'S NEED TO CONTINUE TO WORK TOGETHER.
    YES!, THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS HPD DOESN'T HAVE AS FAR AS TECHNOLOGY IS CONCERNED AND TAKE HOMES, BUT THE UNITY, BROTHERHOOD, BOND, AND COMMITMENT THAT GENERATION TO GENERATION HAS PASSED ON. THERE IS NO OTHER PD LIKE HPD, SOME OF US MIGHT NOT COMPLETELY GET ALONG, BUT NO MATTER WHAT WE BACK EACH OTHER UP. TAKE IT FROM ME I KNOW, I LEFT HPD AND CAME BACK!!!!!!! THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. NOT MONEY, TECHNOLOGY, OR TAKE HOMES CAN GIVE ANYBODY WHAT WE HAVE AT HPD.
    LET'S KEEP OUR HEADS UP, AND CONTINUE TO WORK WITH THE PRIDE, UNITY, AND COMMITMENT WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD!!!
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FAITH IS THE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOURS AT HPD,

Re: MORALE

Quote Originally Posted by HPD4LIFE
    I BELEIVE MAYBE IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO OUTSIDE FOR ANOTHER CHIEF AND PUT HIM UNDER CONTRACT. A FRESH SET OF EYES CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
    NOW, HAVING SAID THAT HPD STILL NEEDS TO STAY UNITED. NEW OFC'S AND OLDER OFC'S NEED TO CONTINUE TO WORK TOGETHER.
    YES!, THERE ARE ALOT OF THINGS HPD DOESN'T HAVE AS FAR AS TECHNOLOGY IS CONCERNED AND TAKE HOMES, BUT THE UNITY, BROTHERHOOD, BOND, AND COMMITMENT THAT GENERATION TO GENERATION HAS PASSED ON. THERE IS NO OTHER PD LIKE HPD, SOME OF US MIGHT NOT COMPLETELY GET ALONG, BUT NO MATTER WHAT WE BACK EACH OTHER UP. TAKE IT FROM ME I KNOW, I LEFT HPD AND CAME BACK!!!!!!! THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. NOT MONEY, TECHNOLOGY, OR TAKE HOMES CAN GIVE ANYBODY WHAT WE HAVE AT HPD.
    LET'S KEEP OUR HEADS UP, AND CONTINUE TO WORK WITH THE PRIDE, UNITY, AND COMMITMENT WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD!!!
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FAITH IS THE KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YOURS AT HPD,
    Well said! For some of us, Hialeah is a very special city. No, it is not affluent like Coral Gables and Miami Beach; certainly not notorious like Miami. Hialeah is blue collar and hardworking like our grandparents and parents.

Perhaps the future will bring a person that will lead the Hialeah Police Department with equity; rendering onto the City what is the City's and onto the rank and file what is theirs.

Until then, keep the faith, your calling is righteous.

I've been reading alot of postings and comments but never actually replied to anything. In fact, I just registered because I feel this is might be a good manner to vent a little frustration. We are all aware of what goes on here at HPD. Bushido, I agree with you in just about everything you have posted thus far. It is true, if things don't improve soon, I fear we will lose many more officers and perphaps a few supervisors as well. I don't believe our new 5k doesn't care, I just fear there may be some skeletons in the closet between him the old 5K and 100. Who knows! We all know that our chief is not concerned with our moral. He said so himself on the news during the ticket quota fisaco. Most of us know he has no honor and certainly does not posses any leadership qualities worthy of recognition, but there are others in the upper echelon who are cut from the same mold as our current 100. I can only pray the Overton becomes our new chief because the other man in line won't cut it for us. Like previously posted there wont be sufficient window from people to jump from.

A new chief from the outside may just be what the doctor ordered, but I truly believe Overton has endured enough and earned the right. Thats just my opinion.

Unfortunately we cannot do anything about these type of circumstances. The only thing we can control is what we do out on the field and how we treat each other. Our department has so many flaws that I would not know where to begin and to repeat them all would be pointless. The new color of the units is nice but I think we have other pressing matters which would require immediate attention. The current Response to Resistance is asinine to say the least. Instead of implenting a cohesive action plan to cover pre existing injuries the mad one just hurls the Response to Resistance at us. Now what few supervisors and officers we have on the road are busy in the station completing mounds of paperwork. Having take home cars would be huge for us, but I don't really see it in the horizon.

No one has mentioned our problems in communications. We are running our communications with 4 dispatchers and the rest is covered by endless overtime. Our employees in there are getting forced to work constantly which we all know is great for morale. Our officers get forced to work overtime. Where does it end?? Oh well enough for now I feel much better that I was able to vent a bit. Take care my brothers and sisters in blue and stay safe!!

Unregistered
    In revisiting this thread ,it’s safe to say things have gotten worse and worse and worse and worse .........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123