What! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What!

Re: What!

Quote Originally Posted by Example
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Case #20110 False official statement; False statement on an employment application

Commission staff received information, from a law enforcement agency, that the respondent, who was employed at another law enforcement agency, had submitted an application for employment and provided false information on the application. During the course of the background investigation, the agency received notification that the respondent had been arrested in 1997 for violating a county ordinance. The respondent had previously answered “no” to the question on the employment application that asked , “Have you ever been arrested, charged, or given a notice or summons to appear for any criminal violation, even as a juvenile?” When questioned, the respondent stated that he did not disclose the arrest information because others advised him not to do so because the record did not appear in NCIC or FCIC. The respondent had also completed CJSTC form 68, attesting to the fact that the information contained in his application was true and correct.

Penalty Guidelines: Revocation

Disciplinary Action by the Commission: Revocation.

ops:

False Statement on Employment Application
    Officer A submitted an application for employment with a criminal justice agency. In the application, Officer A checked "No" when asked if application had ever been made to any other criminal justice employer. Additionally, Officer A checked "No" when asked if any previous employment had been left by mutual agreement following allegations of misconduct or unsatisfactory job performance. A background investigation revealed Officer A left a previously unknown criminal justice employment based on an internal investigation involving an unprofessional relationship with an inmate and falsification of documents. The Commission voted to revoke Officer A's certification.
    Case # 19244 Falsifying an Employment Application

Penalty Guideline: Suspension to Revocation

The Respondent resigned from a law enforcement agency while under investigation for falsifying his employment application.

On July 20, 2000 , the Respondent submitted a certified and notarized application for employment with a law enforcement agency. On October 7, 2002 , an internal investigation was initiated into allegations that the Respondent was deceptive and untruthful on his application. He had answered “no” to the question asking if he had ever resigned or left a job following allegations of misconduct. He did not disclose that he had given up the right to practice law in the State of Indiana and had resigned from the Indiana Bar due to allegations of misconduct. His resignation came following allegations that he had misappropriated the monies of a client and had used them for his own personal benefit. He had also checked “no” to the question asking if he had ever been arrested or convicted of a crime. The investigation revealed that he had been arrested for the sexual molestation of his minor daughter. The child committed suicide prior to the trial date.

After an administrative complaint had been issued, for making false statements on an employment application, the Respondent elected to voluntarily relinquish his certification.

Disciplinary Action by the Commission: Voluntary Relinquishment accepted.

FDEP Employment Standards

Applicants will be waived for preferred candidates if such applicant has:

used cannabis or cannabis derivatives more than 15 times
    used cannabis or cannabis derivatives in the past 3 years
    illegally used, experimented with, sold, or transported any controlled substance in violation of Chapter 893, F. S.
    failed to register for the Selective Service, if applicable
    intentionally omitted, misrepresented, or falsely stated any information, in writing or orally, to the DEP during the application process
    convicted of domestic violence or terminated for an act of violence
    received more than 5 moving violation citations during driving history
    poor credit history

Unbelievable! Help me out! Surely none of previous postings can possibly be refering to anyone presently employed by this agency! If so, call me slow if you must, but please give me a little more pointed hint about who we're talking about.
    Thanks.

Fill it out

DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
    2600 Blair Stone Road, MS 51
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400

INTERNAL INQUIRY FORM

COMPLAINANT’S NAME: Phone(H) (W)
    Address:
    COMPLAINT AGAINST: Title:
    Address:
    Work Phone: Home Phone:
    Division: Bureau: District:

SPECIFIC ALLEGATIONS: (Give complete name(s) and address(es) of persons/organizations involved and specific date, time, and location of incident(s)) Attach supplemental sheets if necessary.

Subject’s Supervisor:

PERSONS/WITNESSES WHO CAN PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    NAME & POSITION EMPLOYMENT ADDRESS PHONE #
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

THIS SECTION IS FOR COMPLETION BY INSPECTOR GENERAL’S OFFICE
    CASE #
    Possible Violations:

Dept. Employee Receiving Complaint Major Roy ****ey Date Allegation Received
    Address of Employee Receiving Complaint 2600 Blair Stone Rd., MS 51
    Tallahassee, FL 32399-2400 Work Phone 850.245.8013
    Investigation Assignment: Division of Office of Internal Investigations
    Is the Employee a Certified Law Enforcement Officer? Yes No

DEP 14-001 (07-01) Attachment I

Information

My bet...the IG, if anything, would spend more time and resources trying to identify the source of this DUI information than confirm the information within these postings. You agree?

Florida Bar

ops: If an attorney was involved in an illegal or unlawful hiring practice, wouldn't that be an ethics violation with the Florida Bar? I believe there ethics are little higher than in this agency.

New Leadership

Hey Everyone don't worry about anything, they hired a former reserve officer thats ex-wife was conected to the new governors administration. Rumor has it that a program administrator and a captain in Tallahassee are going to be the new directors.

I thought it was a violation of your general orders to hire reserves for political advantages.

They had their on little cou working in Tallahassee, right under their bosses noses. True loyalty in action, dog eat dog! :shock:

Re: Florida Bar

Quote Originally Posted by AD
    ops: If an attorney was involved in an illegal or unlawful hiring practice, wouldn't that be an ethics violation with the Florida Bar? I believe there ethics are little higher than in this agency.
    I don't understand this post, please explain? :?

Doing what is right

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord. Don't worry about these people they have to answer to GOD in the end! They will have a lot of answering to do at the end!

Re: Doing what is right

Quote Originally Posted by Forgivness
    Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord. Don't worry about these people they have to answer to GOD in the end! They will have a lot of answering to do at the end!
    AMEN!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast