Fix the recognition system

Fix the recognition system

Several key accomplishments were overlooked......Seizing more money than has ever been seized in the history of Pinellas County and catching the most prolific bank robber in FBI history, The Bandaid Bandit.....Bring back the awards committee.

I agree that Band Aid Bandit was a huge accomplishment and a great job from CIS.

awards

Several key accomplishments were overlooked......Seizing more money than has ever been seized in the history of Pinellas County and catching the most prolific bank robber in FBI history, The Bandaid Bandit.....Bring back the awards committee.
    BANDAID BANDIT. Who did solve that one? Come on. I truly beleive CIS is a great group of guys and gals. What I think is hysterical is that the one female detective that was running around tooting her own horn about how she solved the case. HAAAAAA. Talk to the people who know what happened. The neighboring business had surveillance. They alerted the police to the possible tag and they ran it. MAJOR. No. The citizen solved it and the detective made it her own. Also are we are reward her for supposed hard work and fail to hold her accountable for her horrible attitude and overall treatment of her co-workers? She is nasty and there is no other way to put it. But yea, line em up and hand them awards.

And know that I look back on the posters comments didnt both cases involve the same female detective? HMMMM seems odd.

awards

Yes both did. There was a little more to the Bandiad case than you potrayed....The business did capture the tag but it took good intuition to run it back over a month to get the correct tag, the whole thing was uncovered by a good canvass....It was a team function in reality and the team should have gotten some kind of reward....do we just give medals for shooting people? The whole thing is broken, there have been many things overlooked here. Schiavo was another big mess....the same award for everyone? Some certainly did more than others, that was the biggest thing to happen to our agency and they just make up some award?

Also, love her or hate her that detective did sieze more money than any other agency in the history of Pinellas County and that tip was blown off by others.....be fair give credit where it is due, not just to the same three guys with more medals than a general. They certainly seem to hand out the discipline to everyone who deserves it let's do the same for recognition.

seizure

Ok. You want to talk facts the largest seizure was a team effort, she could not have done it alone. She may have followed up the TIP, but everyone was involved. As far as the neighborhood canvass had the supervisor at the time not pointed the two "Allstars" in the right direction there would have been no contact with the business owner. Get your facts straight. She may be an okay cop but she is a crappy person. I hope she talks and treats the public better than her co-workers.

Citizens get recognized for bandaid, but what about the detectives who worked the case? They got put in a difficult situation and through good police work and top notch team work, they helped FDLE and FBI solve this case. From the 1st officer on scene, to the detective handling the case, to the back-ups covering the canvas, this was one of the biggest cases PPPD has worked, but none were recognized. I know some have boasted about their involvement, but truth be known, this was a team effort. Citizens, workers, officers, detectives, supervisors, and federal agents made this successful. I may be new to this dept, but giving credit where credit is due has been around for centuries. Good job to all involved!!

then let's acknowledge these team efforts with awards for those involved.....that's true about the killing awards

Why do people care so much about awards. Everyone knows who did what so if awards are given to people who don't deserve it then just blow it off. Everyone also knows who are the good quality and who are the POS lazy workers. No need to gossip about it with each other it's obvious to everyone with a little common sense who does their fair share.

Presidential Handshake

I couldn't help but chuckle reading this thread.

First, the largest seizure in PC history did not happen because of a detective. It happened because an alert supervisor called for a K9. When the K9 alerted on the car, the money was ours. The case detective then botched the interview loosing any useful intel from the x15. If it was not for others involved in the case, nothing could have been salvaged. Lets give credit where credit is due, hmm?

Second, I get a kick out of folks trying to claim responsibility for breaking the dam with a small crack. It took a collective effort from a plethora of resources to catch the Bandit. Everyone deserves a pat on the back.

Finally, it is very ironic to see someone call attention to themselves for doing what they are SUPPOSED to do. There are no awards given for taking a paycheck from the City to provide a service to the public, it's called WORK..........