Sgt Promotions - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sgt Promotions

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by mso2
    Hey CTFUU , the real mso2 didn't write that, i'm alittle above those type of idiotic statements.
    See what happens when you remain a "guest".
    Some people think they are being "picked on" when reality smacks them in the face. If reality is kicking your arse, ask yourself "WHY", don't sit back and cry about it!

Now i am!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by mso2
    Now i am!
    Welcome!
    Some people think they are being "picked on" when reality smacks them in the face. If reality is kicking your arse, ask yourself "WHY", don't sit back and cry about it!

Things that make you go hmmmm......

I know this subject is a little old but i have been thinking up a way to improve the promotion list. Feedback would be welcomed.

#1 Continue to give the written exam ( we need to make sure those to be promoted are knowledgable).

#2 Discontinue the oral board (regardless if you believe or not it is a popularity contest for those that are known or look good in the uniform).

#3 Without telling anyone who passed, have a mandatory meeting with all sgts and above supervisors. Enforcement supervisors will vote for enforcment candidates and corrections supervisors will vote for corrections supervisors. The passing scores could always be given out later.

#4 If someone from the group who is voting thinks someone on the list is a very good candidate and is willing to speak for them as to thier belief that that person would make a good supervisor because they have worked for them or beside them ,they could give a speech per se as to that persons ability.

#5 Without letting them discuss it , let them vote secretly who they think would be the best choice to be thier equal (this will keep anyone from campaining for thier choice). Even if one or two pick a friend off the list a majority of the people might say " I'm not chosing so and so because even though he's a great __fill in the blank_______, he would be a shitty supervisor.

People from outside the agency do not know someones' work ethic, knowledge, leadership qualities, ect. That comes from line supervisors and above. Also with the secret ballot there is no pressure from those around you to pick thier friend. During the meeting, PMP's could be looked at for qualfied candidates to help make the decsions.

Well how's that for a start on a new promotional process? Like I said comments from the peanut gallery are welcome, and other ideas can be added.

$$$$

Thats dumb

Is that the best response you could come up with? People like you are part of the problem not the solution.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345