Promotions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promotions

Promotions

Good luck to those in pursuit of a promotion. The process will bring out the worst and worst of people.

Yes, it will bring out the worst in people...the back stabbing and the tattletailing, especially when the competition is close, like it is now..., but I dont think it brings out the worst people for the job. The people that are promoted; one have to have had an interest in being promoted and two; had to have passed the promotional test.

As a wise sage and friend once told me, after workinig on a large police department for many years, "You can either work for the arseholes or have the arseholes working for you."

The first guy had it right, it will bring out the worst , and thats who will probably get promoted!, the one you dont want to work for!, but because of senority shift bids you will have to work for them! because on one else will sign up for that squad!

And they wonder why people leave

Any comments?

Very Pleased

It was a little surprise to see a Ofc-Sgt jump. But I think they did a solid job picking the promotions. But all the candidates were qualified in different ways. I'm pleased with it !!

FIREARMS ON CAMPUS

FIREARMS ON A CAMPUS ARE THE ONLY WAY.WITH TODAYS WORLD YOU NEED A GUN ANYWHERE YOU CAN LEGALLY HAVE ONE.I'M A SURVIOR OF 9-11 AND SPENT 6 MONTHS ON THE PILE DIGGING UP MY FELLOW BROTHERS WHO DIED.DO THE RESEARCH AT ONE POINT THE TERRORISTS WERE ALL IN THE UNITED STATES ATTENDING SCHOOLS. I'M NYCHPD RETIRED.ACTIVE STATE LEO IN FLORIDA.

I think you posted on the wrong page. What are you talking about?????

SORRY

SORRY I WAS ON THE WRONG POST.BUT READ IT ANYWAY.THANK YOU AND STAY SAFE

From what I've heard , that they chose the ones with highest arrest records to be the supervisors. We'll see how this goes with supervision, especially the Corporal choice. From what I've heard, he is on the emotionally immature side, and will f' with his subordinates. Studies show that most people leave or are unhappy with their job because of dislikead supervisors. I hope this is not the case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast