Is it True
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it True

Is it True

Is it true that FLPD currently is the lowest paid police department in Broward County ??? I mean Lauderhill just signed their new contract and that now places Fort lauderdale at the Bottom at far as pay wise in the county.

what up with that ? I know you guys are in a new contract year and I hope you guys get a good contract. Its been awhile since FLPD officers got a really good raise. The city as a whole is doing better money wise and should compensate their officers as well :!:

It's true... We went from being one of the highest several years ago to the lowest. But we have a lot of Officers ready for retirement and a lot of young Officers that would leave if we don't get a new contract. So if the city doesn't want a Police Department with about 20 Officers left on the road then they better do something.

Really???

I thought they raised the pay to start @ 45k for a certified officer. I also thought that they were the highest paid agency as far what they pay their recruits to attend the academy; $42k.

Bob

Well what they don't tell you is that when you're in the academy making about 42 thousand a year. You dont get a raise once you are certiflied out of the academy. You'll make about 45 thousand a year after probation.

Re: Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Well what they don't tell you is that when you're in the academy making about 42 thousand a year. You dont get a raise once you are certiflied out of the academy. You'll make about 45 thousand a year after probation.
    Oh yeah I knew that. When I started working for them they started me at $43k certified and they stilll didn't have the tri-county take home program yet. I left and now the salary went up and everybody gets a take home.

Oh yeah I knew that. When I started working for them they started me at $43k certified and they stilll didn't have the tri-county take home program yet. I left and now the salary went up and everybody gets a take home.[/quote]

Oh yea, If you don't mind me asking why did you leave FLPD ? and where did you end up going.

P.S the city just approved Tri county take home program late last year

Quote Originally Posted by old skool
    Oh yea, If you don't mind me asking why did you leave FLPD ? and where did you end up going.

I have several offers in the bag right now so I’m weighing my options. One of them is in North Florida where there’s less action but less drama also. I had my heart set on working for flpd but once I was there, there were several things I didn’t like and other things I didn’t expect. Oh well life goes on, about the only thing I miss was working on the beach. Not every agency has a choice of districts that includes a beach.

If your next question is; “Would you recommend the city”?? Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by REX99
    Quote Originally Posted by old skool

I have several offers in the bag right now so I’m weighing my options. One of them is in North Florida where there’s less action but less drama also. I had my heart set on working for flpd but once I was there, there were several things I didn’t like and other things I didn’t expect. Oh well life goes on, about the only thing I miss was working on the beach. Not every agency has a choice of districts that includes a beach.

If your next question is; “Would you recommend the city”?? Yes I do.
    Other things like you didn't pass FTO?

FTO was not an issue for me but the administration was. FLPD is going to end up just like Miami PD where there's going to be a lot of officers leaving. You must have support from your city council other wise when the crap hits the fan, they’ll hang you up to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by REX99
    FTO was not an issue for me but the administration was. FLPD is going to end up just like Miami PD where there's going to be a lot of officers leaving. You must have support from your city council other wise when the crap hits the fan, they’ll hang you up to dry.
    So with your vast knowledge and experience coming straight out of the academy you know how to be an administrator? Perhaps your attitude is the reason you no longer work there. You sond like a wannabe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast