Teamsters Law Enforcement League

Just so everyone knows, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents law enforcement officers. This is not new, just not very well known. The Teamsters will agressively represent it's members. Teamsters Local 385, http://www.local385.org has represented police officers and deputy sheriff's for well over ten years. Local 385 employs active and retired law enforcement officers as business agents to better represent it's members. These business agents have considerable experience in representing officers/deputies in internal affairs investigations and the disciplinary process. If your agency is not represented, or you are considering making a change, please contact the Teamsters. Teamsters has a hundred year history of representing members to improve wages, hours, and working conditions, no other union can say that.

Ask then how many lobbyist they have in Tallahassee to represent you.
    While you are at it, ask them what other groups they represent in Florida, and what success they have had in negotiations in the past two years.
    No, I am not with the PBA.

Ask yourself what the PBA has done. Number of lobbyist couldn't tell you, but I do know that over the last six years I have received twenty thousand dollars in salary increases with the Teamsters, can you say that. I went two years without a contract and many more years without a raise with the representation provided by the PBA. I know there have been significant improvement wages and benefits throughout the seven agencies represented by our local Teamsters Union. And yes Teamsters represents Disney, truckers, rental car agencies, gas companys, water companys, UPS.

So do the research, do not sit there and talk smack when you are uneducated.

Perhaps uninformed, ill informed or confused but never uneducated. Use the right terms.

NOW LETS TALK TURKEY, Guest 3614>>>The teamsters have lost more members in the last 10 years than any other union. Their once MIGHTY power and membership numbers as well as bankroll has drastically been reduced; and that is FACT. Are they good representative, perhaps. Do they still have some power and connections; no doubt. But don't paint them to be the CURE ALL.

I'm no PBA fan, I'm not even a member, but lets ALL be WELL INFORMED.

Dear Turkey Talk,

I never said the Teamsters were the CURE ALL, but the PBA, FOP, and IUPA are not the only answers the Teamsters is another one. I was PBA and I did pay dues, and I can tell you that they did not perform for the money they were taking from my check every payday. I will agree that the Teamsters have lost members, like ALL unions have lost members, but there is no other union with the number members for COLLECTIVE BARGAINING than the Teamsters at 1.4 million.

You could be right with regards to uneducated and ill informed, but lets face facts, Florida is a right to work state, and the residents/employees have a lack of knowledge when it comes to the protection and benefits a union can provide, this is why I say uneducated. To be ill informed someone must tell you something.

STAY SAFE TURKEY TALK!

Teamsters

Could you tell me of a couple of police departments in Florida that are represented by the teamsters. Like you said Florida is not a good union state and It would be interesting to see what they have done for an agency in Florida. It would be hard to compare results across states. Thanks.