Teamsters Law Enforcement League - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And oh yeah, Not for Hialeah, the BROWARD PBA is a different giant than Dade County PBA....... If you ever need an attorney for BS from your PD, you will want Barbara Duffy on your side, trust me.........

PBA -VS- FOP

It is my humble opinion that the name of the "Union" is not the true issue here but rather the lack of a union. Webster's defines union as - a combination; anything united or made one; a body formed by the combination of parts; i.e. in this case, the members! The apathy expressed by our membership in the form of lack of attendance at meetings and a total failure to become involved, weakens us as a whole. We see signs of partial involvement in the recent election, however, if we are to become a force to be reckoned with, we must UNITE! Being played against each other with administrative favoritism, choice assignments, etc. only serves to further divide us. WE, as a whole, need to stand together as a "Union" and only then should issues of which organization best represents our needs and concerns be addressed.

PBA vs FOP

We had the PBA once. They sold US like sheep. The FOP by far has done more for US, than the PBA ever did. If you think our FOP is in Bed with Admin (you are wrong) you should have been here when the PBA sold us out. NO TO PBA

FOP -VS- PBA

Obviously from your reply, you dwell in the past and are so mired in that genre that you are, quite simply, unable to see the forest through the trees! Regretably, it is short sightedness such as this which hinders our ability to move forward. Compounding that short sightedness is your glaring inability to understand what that post was about. The fact of the matter is that post addressed not becoming PBA, staying FOP, or any other labor negotiating or fraternal order. The post dealt very specifically with the failure of our rank and file to unite. This inability and the accompanying infighting will undoubtedly lead to our untimely demise. The apathy runs deep and very few of us are willing to step up and fight for the good of the cause. Get aboard instead of searching for reasons not to. One more time, regardless of what moniker you go by, PBA or FOP, the fact remains that without member involvement, there is no UNION!

It is you my friend, who has missed the point. I will agree with you, that we need to stand together as one..... Jumping ship to another union will not do this. We need to come together and stand as one!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12