Fl. Statute 741.29 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I don't understand

If the police are doing such a good job on DV then why is so much of it going on. There are tons of DV events that don't result in prosecution here. What is wrong with this place?

The point of the initial post in this thread is that, arrest or no arrest, the officer is required to complete reports (a call was made and answered), and required to give the necessary paperwork to the victim(s) - failure to do so means that the deputy violated the law .

Re: I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by Why so much
    If the police are doing such a good job on DV then why is so much of it going on. There are tons of DV events that don't result in prosecution here. What is wrong with this place?

Why is there so much DV in Escambia County? Well we have a lot of low class, ignorant people here, the more of them you have , the more DV calls you will have.That is not politically correct, but it is the TRUTH.

Here we go again. That's it. Go ahead and blame the Police. Its the cops fault people smoke crack. Its the cops fault people steal. Its the cops fault that men abuse their spouses....

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that maybe 1 out of 100 domestic violence arrests result in the victim showing up to court against the offender.

Things were better before all this Domestic Violence BS. Smack the hoe around, aint our problem. You don't like getting smacked around then MOVE OUT THE HOUSE.

To Real Cop,

I agree that we're blamed for everything that happens but the rest of your post explains the very reason that the D/V statutes were enacted in the first place.

No, cops aren't to blame because victims don't show up for court, nor are we to blame when the SA's office drops charges. But many of us are/were to blame for years of attitudes like yours that blamed the victim for staying in a situation that they might not know how to get out of. We were guilty of not being able to put ourselves in someone elses shoes and assuming that if they stayed, they liked the beatings. We (some of us, not all) MIR'd DV's instead of documenting the abuse. We didn't make arrests because we made ignorant assumptions like yours.

We might not be able to keep the victims from returning, but we can damned sure make certain it won't happen again that night. You get tired of going back to the same addresses? You get paid the same whether you're writing a traffic citation or working a homicide, and maybe if some of us could recognize why they keep going back we might have worked one less DV homicide.

It may be time for you to retire, Real Cop. We may not be able to protect DV victims from their abusers but I think we need to protect them from your 1950's attitude. Your attitude is the very reason that we were mandated to take action by the legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by GGuest

Why is there so much DV in Escambia County? Well we have a lot of low class, ignorant people here, the more of them you have , the more DV calls you will have.That is not politically correct, but it is the TRUTH.
    F#*K "political correctness! That's what is wrong with our country now! Some people get their feelings hurt so the rest of us have to a"sugar coat" our words. Well not me, if I hurt your feelings with what I say, then there must be a lot of truth to the words. Our country needs to get back to the principles it was built on and quit "bowing down" to every bleeding heart liberal who now dictates to us about the way we express ourselves just because a chosen few are too timid to hear the words of truth! White is white, black is black, good is good, bad is bad and so on and so on! And that's the way it is!! We need to quit "tip toeing" around every "candy ass" with sensitive skin and bring our country back to the standards and morals it was built on! We had a much better country then and it's time for a turn around. Like the Prime Minister of Australia said, "The United States needs to grow some backbone again! If you don't like the way things are then "MOVE OUT!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12