Investigator Vacancies - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ongoing

Sorry! No disrespect intended. No I do not work there.

Ongoing

Just for the record I am a cop who works for one of them "second rate municipal departments" that "ngf" so poetically spoke of. I have worked with both Park Police and Environmental Investigations and found that they both work hard. I would suspect you have slugs in both agencies but the officers and investigators I have worked with are very good.

With all that in mind why would you compair the two. From everything I have observed they are two totally independant outfits with two different missions.

If it is your argument that Environmental Investigators are Park Police Investigators than I would summit that Park Police have failed to forward all those felony cases, that "ngf" refered to, to investigations as they do in all those "second rate municipal department" that "ngf" refered to.

By the way "ngf" my second rate municipal department pays me $26,000.00 more a year than your state job. Would you like an application?

ouch!

26k? Compaired to one of them departments? Independant? Summit your comments for spell checking. For 26k more a year, you would think you would have to know how to spell.

Super Cops

Come on Park Patrol super cop, can't you answer the mans question??

Re: Super Cops

Quote Originally Posted by NKOB
    Come on Park Patrol super cop, can't you answer the mans question??
    If you guys write investigative reports like you write here, it's no wonder you don't get stuff filed. Investigations needs to be set up for intake both from DEP regulatory entities and the FPP. BEI has isolated itself with the regulators so that they can spend months on an "ongoing" investigation only to close it out as a "civil" matter. Yep, we would send you referrals if you didn't spend more time and energy coming up with reasons why you can't do them than getting on with it. The problem is, you are hyper - specialized. We have uniforms doing environmental crimes investigations while you people are chasing mulch dumpers and bloody mattresses.

Change the name. Be less specialized and turn more activity, instead of wasting time focusing solely on "environmental" misdemeanors that won't get the time of day from any state attorney in a high crime county, of which there are one or two in Florida.

wow

YOU MUST NOT HAVE A CLUE. YES THERE ARE SOME GUYS WHO ARE LAZY, BUT IF YOU YOU THINK THE AGENTS GET TO PI9CK THEIR CASES YOU REALLY DONT HAVE A CLUE.

BY THE WAY I AM PATROL AND WE HAVE JUST AS MANY LAZY OFFICERS IF NOT MORE THAN BEI. JUST LOOK AROUND NEXT TIME YOU GO TO INSERVICE TRAINING

Ongoing

The question is:
    Are Environmental Investigators Park Police Investigators?

If they are why are you (Park Police) working all the felonies and not forwarding them to your investigators?

If they are not Park Police Investigators then I would submit you have no idea what you are talking about.

Re: Ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by Real Cops
    The question is:
    Are Environmental Investigators Park Police Investigators?

If they are why are you (Park Police) working all the felonies and not forwarding them to your investigators?

If they are not Park Police Investigators then I would submit you have no idea what you are talking about.
    What is your point? I really can't understand what you are trying to say.... your comments are somewhat less than articulate.

Ongoing

Go back to the top of the page and read all.
    I am hoping that someone in Park Polce will give me an answer to the questions. How hard is this!!

The answers to the questions will help those of use who are on the outside of DEP understand what all the Park Police Bit_hing is about.

Or is it all just noise?

It would appear some of you are experts at beating around the bush!!

Real Cops

They are not going to answer your question......why you ask....first BEI or Environmental Investigations are not Park Patrol investigators as you most likely know by now they have total different missions. Park Police turns all cases that need an investigator over to the Sheriffs Office. They have become confused because the FORMER director liked to put BEI in park patrol uniforms during hurricanes. Yes, this was a bad idea. You would never see FDLE agents in Capitol Police uniforms. I could tell you some real horror stories from resent hurricanes. You did not wont to be a BEI agent working under a Park Patrol LT or a PPO working under a BEI LT. Not that one is better than the other, they have different jobs. As a former Park Police officer it is a big leap from parol to investigations. Now for the good news, the FORMER director is GONE thank god!! I think the one thing we can all agree on is the hope for a better DEP. Time will tell..

By the way 99.9% of the rank and file in both division get along just fine!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast