Investigator Vacancies
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Investigator Vacancies

Why are your experienced investigators leaving for employment with other agencies?

Re: Investigator Vacancies

Quote Originally Posted by INV
    Why are your experienced investigators leaving for employment with other agencies?
    Is anyone conducting exit interviews with these former employees or is this just another DEP directive that your management chooses to violate? If you violate a directive or general order they want to hang you. However, there is a double set of standards for the bureau chiefs and higher. They do not have to play by the rules!

If BEI will not hire from within the department, then why would they give exit interviews?

Another fine example of doing what they want, and how they they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If BEI will not hire from within the department, then why would they give exit interviews?

Another fine example of doing what they want, and how they they want.
    ops:

BEI

I do not understand why you feel you need to take a cheap shot at BEI, maybe you just couldn't cut it in your interview so now you are bitter. Whatever the reason, we need to stick together as an agency more than ever now. I know in some districts the commanders are treating their officers like crap, and those commanders need to go. I understand, but beating up on BEI is not gonna make your life better. We put up with alot of inequities ourselves. How about the fact that most civilain employees are now on 4 -10 hour days while BEI still works 45 hours a week and is paid for 40. I think you would be a little warm under the collar if you knew you were losing approximaley 1,040 hours a year in pay because your commanders consider you as office workers and not "real" investigators. At least you all get the opportunity to use your sworn position, we get treated like civilians. I could go on and on, but rather, I will tell you this, it is not as rosy as you paint it to be on this side of the fence and that is why we have a high turn-over. We should stick together and work together towards a common goal, not take cheap shots.

If you work 45 hours and get payed for 40 make some calls its not legal. but they also relize that investigaters really only work 4 or 5 hours a week doing logs and clearing cases on the computer. and the reason I take cheap shots is because its so easy. heck didnt someone from dep even say that you guys dont do enough to justify the expense.

BEI

Actually, the comment about "no justification for expense" was directed at park patrol, but I love the park POLICE officers so I would never throw stones. They are good hard working officers who are grossly underpaid and treated like red headed step cheldren in the LE community. As for BEI we are not treated like red headed step children because nobody even knows we exist. Most of the BEI investigators are seasoned veterans with experience in homicide and robbery investigations. It is true that we are burdened with redundant inane paperwork for four or five hours per day, but that is not the end of the day. Many of the cases we work are investigations we have initiated through contact with LE agencies, code enforcement or our own proactive patrols. The comments made here are not unlike comments heard in other law enforcement agencies. There always seems to be a little animosity between patrol and investigations. Our commanders could learn from these comments by eliminating this wall they have built between investigations and patrol. Putting us all in one office per district, training together and allowing patrol to be more active in BEI investigations would help break down the barriers. The investigators and park police need to stick together, work together and most importantly communicate with each other if there is any hope of a united front.

John Wayne Syndrome

You, Mr. BEI Defender are full of bull. Most of you "special agents" have little or no experience in real investigations. The few, and I do mean few of you that do, don't whine and cry as you do. ALL of your supervisors, each and every one of them throughout the state, have NEVER been real investigators. That is the core of your bureaus problem. How can you direct any investigation when you have no experience. A large conglomeration of legends in your own minds.

If you need recognition and praise from others, you might be in the wrong business. Shut up and do your job. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. GROW UP.

The problem is not with the investigators. The actual investigators and patrol get along just fine. Most of us are friends. It is the Lt.'s that are the problem.
    I have been told numerous times that patrol has been requested by investigators to come out and help them, but have gotten told no by the Lt.

Just look at the hiring process. The Lt.'s, at least the one's that I have experienced, had rather spend more money and more time filling vacancies from outside the agency, than promotig from within.

If that is not a slap in the face, I do not know what is.

Look to the Lt.'s for the problems, not the investigators.

Get some WD40 to that “rusted frame”

You are obviously a very misinformed person that apparently is jumping to conclusions because of what may be occurring at a particular district.
    A previous poster attempted to give you accurate information and you repudiated his statement by telling him/her that he/she was “full of bull”
    Perhaps the reason that you may not been able to get on with BEI is that you lack the analytical skills to extract facts from information presented to you.
    Your time would be better spent by acquiring facts before you go off telling others that they are full of bull.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast