Will TIAPD have openings soon/after the first of the year?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will TIAPD have openings soon/after the first of the year?

...will you guys be hiring anytime soon?

OH, I'm quite sure TIAPD will have CONTINUAL openings. Just be sure you know what your getting into if you want to be a clown in that circus. If you have any prior REAL police experience it would be considered a liability. If you have failed out of at least one legitmate law enforcement agency FTO program, or can't even get picked up by one, then this is your place. The land of misfit cops governed by a bipolar Chief that thinks he is God's gift to law enforcement . Write reports when people fall down to protect HCAA against civil lawsuits and collect lost and found. Every now and then you may need to answer an actual call for a drunk or weapon at the airside, but you need not worry because there will be a minium of three generally worthless supervisors responding to make ALL decisions for you. Your duites in most matters is to write extensive reports, of mostly worthless information, dictated by a previously mentioned supervisor. Most people who can leave do, leaving plenty of new openings for the unsuspecting or underachieving. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

You forgot something, you will also do most admistrative paper work that in other departments the evidence tech or admin fills out. You WILL be treated like a lesser human being and certainly not like cop.

EVERYONE passes the FTO program here EVERYONE. Most of the FTO's here are a joke and when an officer whines to be an FTO they get it, whether or not they know what their doing. If you come here with prior experience you will be the one who does the teaching to the FTO not them to you!

You will always be two steps behind other departments in every aspect of the job!

AFTER READING HOW BAD IT IS THERE, I AM STILL INTERESTED IN GETTING MORE INFO. HOW DO YOU APPLY? HOW LONG IS THE PROCESS? HOW MUCH IS STARTING PAY? THANKS IN ADVANCE. WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE.

They had posted a job opening about a month or two ago, I applied and was put on the "eligible" list. I called the other day and asked if they would be hiring anytime soon and was told "No." I was given no follow up reason as to why. Very disappointing..........

Pat Test is scheduled 01/11/07 at 08:00 AM, if you haven't been notified then your not on the list.

Where would one find job postings and department info. How short is your PD currently. What does the process consist of?

www.hccsb.org, if its not posted we are not hiring, we just took down the post about 3 weeks ago. We are short 3, and usually hire about 7-10 a year. First is the PAT, then Oral, Poly, Background, Psych, Medical in order of appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST 2
    AFTER READING HOW BAD IT IS THERE, I AM STILL INTERESTED IN GETTING MORE INFO. HOW DO YOU APPLY? HOW LONG IS THE PROCESS? HOW MUCH IS STARTING PAY? THANKS IN ADVANCE. WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE.
    You are an idiot........

You are an idiot........
    ...and you must be a genius. Was that really necessary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast