Will TIAPD have openings soon/after the first of the year? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! What does my short PD have to do with this?? :shock:

Just a quick tip to all who care. The poster who stated that the new hires range from 7 to 10 a year made a good hidden point. The agency only has about 40 or 50 regular officers (not counting supervisors) and usually only hires for attrition. Therefore, it would stand to reason that the turnover rate for officers here could be as much as 20% in a given year. Thats not bad for a McDonalds but for law enforcement I believe its a tad high. All I'm saying is, do some independent checking before you apply. Don't just go in blindly. The TIAPD job is...well, I guess in a word..."UNIQUE".... and I'll leave it at that.

disney

:lol: As a TIAPD cop, I will tell you that you might as well be a security guard as Disney, maybe there you will at least get some respect!

:lol: Before applying to tiapd aka disney world on wings, exhaust every other possible place of employment, that is if you really want to be a cop, because at tiapd you will only wear the uniform of a cop but a supervisor will conduct all law enforcement activities for you and then tell you what to do when writing their 20 page reports to protect the authority because that is what you are there for. Your job entails picking up unattended baggage and carrying it back to lost and found, going to medical calls when someone slips and falls, or is not feeling well, and completing a lengthy medical report just to cover any liability for the airport. Off duty or overtime work, yea right good luck with that! SRT team? Holy Crap what a waste of funds and energy...2 years and I have never seen them called out or used in any way...but then how could they without a take home car. The people in charge here only want to make it like this is a big growing dept. but in actuality 5 security guards can handle the job here. Our chief, just a figure head, L.Miller is the real chief of police along with his gang of good ole boys who call the shots.. anyway good luck to all who apply!

Disney World Security has more authority than TIAPD! hahahahahah.

Hell this is where disney employees come to retire.... :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    They had posted a job opening about a month or two ago, I applied and was put on the "eligible" list. I called the other day and asked if they would be hiring anytime soon and was told "No." I was given no follow up reason as to why. Very disappointing..........
    I was told to call civil service, civil service has no idea what I'm talking about, I was told to call TPD. TPD has nothing to do with the airport.

Openings

If there are any openings, Hillsborough County Civil Service is the place to apply. It would be posted under Aviation Authority, Airport Police.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12