laptop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: laptop

laptop

I have being working for this dept for about 8yrs, and put in multiple memos reference getting a laptop. And continuously getting denied for whatever reason(s). However, I am seeing ofc on mids who just got off probation a few months ago with a laptop. Any IT person who can explain, or is it who u know?

If you have been here 8 yrs. you should know everything is based on who you know. I don't agree, but thats reality.....

laptop

they asked the brass on each shift to give them names of proactive officers who deserved them.

laptop

MBPD is suposed to be the "elite" police dept in at least fl. Then, why cant we all get computers, at least for ofc safety and also to avoid spending too much time on the info chanel. I guess we are the only dept because agencies such as Nmiami Bch, Nmiami, Metro, Homestead, FLcity and others provide laptops for their ofcs.

Hey wait a min

Slow down,

as Burgers $6.81 said
    Everthing that happens in miami beach is by design or complete incompitance.

Do you think Seniortiy matters here? NOPE thats why the FOP is so weak beacuse we don't honor seniority.

If I were you I would ask both the FOP potential presidents how they are going to enforce Senority.
    look at the joke of shft man power the last two years . All the senior officers that retired , the sports got moved to make a 4th shift
    nut and shell game and all the officers who were patiently waiting for those slots got screwed over. Senority matters not. nothing changes So dont worrie about your laptop
    So now they will monitor the usage to see whos not using it and switch them arround.
    instead of making more work for the brass why not just assign them to every one like PPE gear etc.....
    why do we have to re invent the wheel on every issue

yes

Yes I recall the "nut and shell" game of shift man power that you speak of.

what a thoughless crime to all the officer who over the years waited that turn in line for the spot with weekends off. They waited in line for years only to get slapped in the face buy brass that already has weekends off who molested the scedule.
    and they cited "managment rights"
    really? well as I see it I can't qualify of CERT now that you havent allowed me to take my turn to get weekends off beacuse you wrongfully abolished the postions.
    Thats not managment rights .
    Senority is a bad joke here it applies to some when its convenient to some..
    an example of bad managment or as you say incompitance by design.
    Thanks for taking away from me the chance to work CERT and the slapp in the face I get for patiently standing in line for years to get weekends off with my family, so that you can play the nut shell game.
    tell me are you going to bring back those numerous squads you destroyed when we hire more cops this next time arround?
    of course you wont

BLUE, YOU ARE THE REASON MOD WANTS TO TAKE DOWN THE MBPD BLOG OFF LEO AFFAIRS. NOTHING YOU SAID WAS POSITIVE OR CONSTRUCTIVE. I WISH YOU WELL AND HOPE YOU CAN FIND PEACE

unfortunately if things were done equally when capable of it there wouldn't be the problems

8 yr off, try a yoga class. It may help with developing inner peace.

There are less than 50 laptops and over 380 Officers. All patrol Sgt's have one, how many does that leave for us??? And how do you propose they be distributed? If I remember correctly, when they first came out, NOBODY wanted them because you had to take a class, and because you'd be responsible for it. Now, all of a sudden, people want them distributed by seniority because they don't like someone else who got one. Well you won't have to worry for much longer, by 2007 or 2008, we should have the new system up and running with computerized reports and everything. Sgt. Hernandez will be running the laptop program again, so I think things will be done right.

Instead of bickering about who did and who didn't get a laptop, lets talk about things they could incorporate into the new system to make it work better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast