weak ppo's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weak ppo's

weak ppo's

Brothers, it has recently come to my attention that a certain female PPO (last name starts with a T), has a bad habit of diarrhea of the mouth.

Be advised that she has had a problem with everyone in her class and her T.A.

This would not happen with LAT as a TA; he would either run it or push it out of them.

Unfortunately, for us this will not be that last, due to the continued lowering of standards in the hiring process. It seems that having a weak character is a prerequisite for new hires.

Prepare brothers for future incidents with 9mm tazers. :shock:

Thanks, take care of each other out there. We will be getting more of the good with the bad in the waves of PPO's needed. Trauma teaches.

““A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts. An average man acts out his thoughts, and never takes responsibility for what he does.””

Hold your tongue, Not all ppo's or "New Jacks" have low standards. In this case, "One bad apple does not spoil the bunch." Alot of the rookies are proud of their police dept. and proud of the fact that we are learning from good senior officers.

If your statement were true, than The faults and or lack of pride from one or two vets, would make all the vets look like crap.... So do your self and the dept a favor "Think about what you say or type before you say it or type it...

SPARTAN ARMY
    "Our army is large and our arrows will cover the son"

REPONSE
    "Then we shall Fight in the shade" :wink:

I believe PSCOM that you were attempting to quote as follows:

"Although extraordinary valor was displayed by the entire corps of Spartans and Thespians, yet bravest of all was declared the Spartan Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of the battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked the sun. Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good then we will have our battle in the shade.”

If you are to honor a man by quoting him, make sure the essence and the true message is contained. If not, you end up dishonoring him and his memory.

“O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi”

“Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obedient to their laws we lie.”

From the Monument to the fallen 300 Spartans at Thermopylae.

Words to remember:

A warrior carries helmet and breastplate for self preservation, but the shield for the preservation of the whole line.

Pride

Guest I hope that you work for HPD, because your words are those of Honor, Duty, and Loyalty. It would be an Honor to hold a shield to protect a brother like you, at whatever cost the Lord asks.

As far as the new PPO's, remember make them comform to our standards or have them leave. People of weak character will conform, because it is in their nature. They do it not out of discipline like a soldier, but out of fear.

It all starts with us. From the minor details of how we polish our boots, and wear our uniform. Discipline is something one has or has not there is no middle ground.

As far as Quotes this is not an excact quote but I hope I will capture the meaning behind it

If our soldiers do not dress like soldiers, If our soldiers do not eat like soldiers, if our soldiers do not walk like soldiers, then we should we expect them to fight as soldiers?

General Patton

To Bushido:

Thanks for the accolades; my shield is ever at the ready to protect an honorable brother. The essence of a great leader starts by recognizing the virtues in other men.

Although, it is believed that Honor, Perseverance, and Discipline do not exist within our department. It does exist among the men and women who make up the department, and that is the truth.

As to the weak PPOs, true not all are bad, but prove their metal they must, like all of us did. Honor and Strong moral fiber is not taught in academies, they are bred among their peers, through fire and blood. Blood may be a poor mortar, but it is a hell of bonding agent among men of honor.

Be safe and watch your 6.

TO: Guest at hpd & Bushito

I Thank you for your words of wisdom. Even though your identities are not known, it gives me great satisfaction to work along side such proud and insightful warriors.

As for the quote, I meant no dishonor and, your insight has taught me a lesson that I will forever honor....

Be safe,

Respose to ignorance

BSO deputy Brian Tephford, 34, was shot last night in the line of duty while on a traffic stop. His back-up happens to be related to one of the recruits that graduated several months ago fom bcc. Somehow reality sinks in when one of our brothers or sisters in blue or green pays the ultimate price. It's sad to see that some of you have the time to worry about what ppos are saying instead of doing something about it. If any of you want to know what really happened call me, I welcome it, and I'll tell you what really happened instead of listening to unfounded gossip. Meanwhile, deputy Tephford leaves behind a set of twins and a 4-year-old daughter. It's a shame that we don't have a character test because many of our officers would never have been hired.

Patty

It must be nice to take cheap shots at the current TA. implying that Lat's trainee's were all squared away because of push ups & the running they did. Don't fool yourself. The only thing that get's accomplished is that the screw up is in great shape. I'm going on 9 years with the city & have seen Hard Core TA's from both colleges handle there business & still get bad apples. Who's fault is it then? Would you like to blame the Dept. for hiring them, or for making FTO's with 1 1/2 years of experience. What about senior FTO's that dont want to handle calls. The blame list goes on & on. You can ***** & complain untill you pass out or you can try to do the right thing. I can only do my part, train PPO's to the best of my ability & try to guide the jr. officers the right way. Turning PPO's into good officer's is a team effort, from the day they were hired to every single officer they come in contact with. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution.

Character Test

KUDOS, Patty...As for Guest at HPD, if you have this "Character Test" call me and I can arrange to add it to the other exams we give applicants; better yet, I'll ask for your transfer to Personnel Selections so you can teach us how to administer this "TEST." As for the lowering of standards, read the hiring SOP's first then say we've lowered our standards. They are tougher now than they were 15 years ago. There is always room for improvement, and it is our duty to debate issues and seek change, when and where it is needed, but first we must be sure we are well informed.

The hiring process is not an exact science and we do the very best we can. However, we need everyone to be involved throught the process of turning applicants to trainees to PPO's to senior officers. I'm sure we can all remember a senior officer who taught us something, took us aside and offered a few words of encouragement or simply showed us a smarter way to accomplish some simple task...It's your time to be that senior officer; I know our officers and we have more than enough CHARACTER to step up.

Remember we are HPD Officers, we thrive at a good challenge.

Looking forward to your call 305-883-5993.

Sgt Ricano :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast